International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck, lad! Hope to have a version of your book! But if you are going to send me, it will be an honor to see it with your handwriting! ;-)

Cheers,
P

I don't know if I will translate it all. Is so long.
I've translated 18 verses of the 1st chapter yesterday.
I hope I'll finish the 1st chapter (then I may stop and start some Ancient Greek exercises)

Bye,
Simosito

I don't know if I will translate it all. Is so long.
I've translated 18 verses of the 1st chapter yesterday.
I hope I'll finish the 1st chapter (then I may stop and start some Ancient Greek exercises)

Bye,
Simosito
Hi, Sim!

Where do you find the energy and the time to do so may different activities? :shock: You are always busy doing neat projects!

What did you enjoy most about your trip to Venezia?

Hi, Sim!

Where do you find the energy and the time to do so may different activities? :shock: You are always busy doing neat projects!

What did you enjoy most about your trip to Venezia?

I had to find the energy.
Schools starts in September 8 and I have to exercise myself.

The newspaper project (wich I hope I'll be in, we have to do a meeting - and not with teachers, with all the school - before we can start. :shock:) is one of the most important things: I've chosen my school only because of they had a newspaper (that, of course, when I arrived was dead).

The school website idea wasn't mine. It is the only way we can publish our newspaper without spending money we don't have.
(We may, in the future, look for a sponsor)

All the students ought to do some translations during the holidays.
(I think not everyone do them, they prefer some "fuochi di paglia", fires of straw because those kind of "loves" finish as soon as they start)

And I should remake my very own website too.

The think I've liked most in Venice (a city that I know quite well) was the Greek-Orthodox mass.
It looks so weird to a (almost) Catholic like me...

(Sorry gotta go: I'm supposed to have gym today)

bye

Come visit me, Phil! We'll speak English while eating French pastry!!! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Your invitation makes me feel better and also give me a second breath, and this, everytime you do it.

If you knew how I would enjoy myself over here. :-D However, I have not got money enough to fly to US. Moreover, I am doing too many night parties to keep money in my pocket. That being said, in order to produce no tears in thinking about it, I keep listening CNN and BCC world news - definitely useful. By the bye, I feel my English's skills improving more and more!

For next year - in September, 2009, exactly - I will struggle through to go abroad. In an European country though, for we have ERASMUS's system. If I had the choice, I would come in Ireland, although there are Scoland and England in which would get satisfied as well. How about you - which would you choose?:up:

NOTICE

I wish to bring to the notice of this forum, that our Chef Amigo has reached the milestone mark of 7000. His postings are not only a joy to read, but also bring across the humanity, care and love within his heart for the users of this site, an integral part of his character. His encouraging words and corrections in usage of English are an asset to the forums.
I would just say
MANY CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY POSTINGS,

FOR THE FORUMS,

SUDHKAMP
(I believe I would be joined by Proof.beh, beascarpetta, Shalstudent, Nain, Wil-Ibanez, RonBee, Anglika, TDol, banderas, heidita, Stuartnz, Atlaisha, Simosito and many, many, many others in the forums)

Last edited:
Ohhh! I hadn't noticed it until you announced in quite large letters! :-D

Congratulations, Amigo! You are a Hitman in reaching that so-called milestone mark of 7,000!:up:

I strongly believe that the effect of his presence on the forum is unbelievable!

P

Awesome! Amigos4, you rock!:up:

:)
Hi, Roukaya! Welcome to the International Cafe'! This is the place where you can practice your English while having lots of fun!

We have lots of 'regular' members who visit the Cafe' and I am sure they will also be willing to help you.

Let me offer the first suggestion: Always begin each sentence with a capital letter. See the above corrections for your first lesson on capital letters! (There are other corrections that are needed but I will focus on the capital letters.) :lol:

Come back often! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

ohh, thank you my dear lol@ me i don't know why i do this only when i am on forums i believe its not that important but i guess i'll need to start from here in order to get my spelling and grammar correct in real life.another thing i like about this forum is that i am not afraid of any one's abusive correction or making fun of my words so on here i feel free to make a mistake.:cool:
A BIG thank you Amigo and SUDHKAMP.

keep ur corrections up.:up:

peace.

Last edited:
ohh, thank you my dear lol@ me i don't know why i do this only when i am on forums i believe its not that important but i guess i'll need to start from here in order to get my spelling and grammar correct in real life.another thing i like about this forum is that i am not afraid of any one's abusive correction or making fun of my words so on here i feel free to make a mistake.:cool:
A BIG thank you Amigo and SUDHKAMP.

keep ur corrections up.:up:

peace.
Dear Roukaya, you are always welcome to the Cafe with your questions and suggestions. I believe the Chef has served you with best recipies he can prepare as per your taste. I find the last but one line, A BIG th........ reflects your willingness to use the shift button to use the capital letters. Another thing I wish to share with you, a good teacher would teach you more, if you have learnt the initial lessons well. I believe, without feeling offended, that you must start using the capital letters, even in posts on this site, while writing as and when they are required by grammar. This would abolish your habit of making mistakes for whole life time. What a great achievement it would be, getting rid of a bad habit for a whole life time!

Hope you would take advice in good spirit.

Cheers(Amigo style)

SUDHKAMP

Last edited:
Roukaya, it's time for Lesson #2!!!!!!!

The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized!

Cheers,
Amigo

The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized! The word "I" is always capitalized!

Cheers,
Amigo
Dear Roukaya, capitalize on Amigos' lessons.:cool:
Best of luck.

Cheers,
Amigo

LOL, got it mate.I am thankful to both of you guys keep it up.:lol:

Hi guys!
Here in Rome is more than 30° C.
and it's 10.40 a.m.!

What about you? How hot are your cities?

Hi guys!
and it's 10.40 a.m.!

It's oscillating between 29 and 35 centigrade! It's also breezy and quite great in the middle of damn summer!

P

Hi guys!
and it's 10.40 a.m.!

It is Monsoon(rainy) season here, but my city has recieved only 12 inches(300 mm) of rainfall. The normal rains are 24 inches at end of July. The annual average is 40 inches(1000 mm). There are still 50 days of Monsoon left, so we can expect a normal rainfall, if the Rain-God Indra is happy.
Recently it has rained 8 inches in last 4 days. It is very damp and humid and my washed clothes have not dried for last two days. Still the weather is good and the flowers are blossoming and the plants and trees have turned green. °
The temperature today is 29° C and it is windy today, so no rains.
Hope you are enjoying your stay at Rome. Visiting the Vatican city?

Tucson is 41.1 C and hotter than a cat on a hot tin roof! We may get some rain from Mexico later today!

Tucson is 41.1 C and hotter than a cat on a hot tin roof! We may get some rain from Mexico later today!
Your place is real hot, though my place reaches a maximum temperature of 46 degree celsius in summer(March to mid June). Now after arrival of Monsoons, it has cooled down, but some days are real humid. Tell us more about how you get rains from Mexico, is it a meteorological phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back