International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
P's wife dreams of giving birth to a child who will ask his father: Hey pa, what was Guantanamo? :-D:lol:

P
Amigo's wife dreams of giving birth to a child who will ask his father: "Hey, Pa, who was Detective P and why did he collect all of those wild animals for you?" ;-)

oh, hi everyone one i am hoping you guys will help me improve my spelling and grammer, does anyone know a way of how to practice or be good at the words i am having diffculity with?

okyy
what did you have for dinner last night or what are you going to have.??:cool:
my dear mum cooked burned pizza.:lol:its yummy though

:)
Oh, hi everyone (one). I am hoping you guys will help me improve my spelling and grammar. Does anyone know a way of how to practice or be good at the words I am having diffculity with?

okyy (OK)
What did you have for dinner last night or what are you going to have.??:cool:
My dear mum cooked burned pizza. It's yummy though!
Hi, Roukaya! Welcome to the International Cafe'! This is the place where you can practice your English while having lots of fun!

We have lots of 'regular' members who visit the Cafe' and I am sure they will also be willing to help you.

Let me offer the first suggestion: Always begin each sentence with a capital letter. See the above corrections for your first lesson on capital letters! (There are other corrections that are needed but I will focus on the capital letters.) :lol:

Come back often! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Welcome to the forums ROUKAYA,
Yoou just had a chat with the Chef of this International Cafe. I am the self appointed Waiter of this cafe, you can order me anything you like. Already the chef has cooked your post to the taste. I believe you would become a patron of the restaurant.

Happy postings,

Cheers (Amigo style)

SUDHKAMP

Welcome to the forums ROUKAYA,
Yoou just had a chat with the Chef of this International Cafe. I am the self appointed Waiter of this cafe, you can order me anything you like. Already the chef has cooked your post to the taste. I believe you would become a patron of the restaurant.

Happy postings,

Cheers (Amigo style)

SUDHKAMP
SUDH,
What serious suggestions do you have for Roukaya? What is the best way to improve conversations in English? :cool:

Cheers,
Amigo

SUDH,
What serious suggestions do you have for Roukaya? What is the best way to improve conversations in English? :cool:

Cheers,
Amigo
Hi Amigo, it is an honour to be called upon by you, to post suggestions on improving conversational English. In my opinion:

1) you should have good vocabulary power and you can do it by following:

a) imbibe new words whenever you come across them, do not simply run through them, but write them on a paper

b) refer a dictionary to understand the :

i) pronounciation(through the pronounciation gazzetteer)
ii) meaning/synonyms and antonyms
iii) its etymology
iv) different usages in different contexts
v) construct your own sentences with these new words as per illustrations
vi) try to use them as and when the occasion arises and if such occasion does not arise, create an occasion yourself(this may be crafty) to use this new word

2) Listen to others while they are speaking, especially the Radio News, TV reports, statesman, diplomats etc. and note their usages. Try to immitate them, just like a child does. You would learn the language quickly.

3) Always use simple sentences in your conversation. Forget that future tense, it is hardlly required while speaking and rarely necessiated. Just use the simple present tense and past tense while you are learning English. The other forms may follow later when you are conversant with grammar and its usages.

4) Never use a bilingual Dicionary, it would make you keep translating in your mind while speaking and reduce your flow in English language.
Purchase a recognized UNABRIDGED DICTIONARY(I am using Webster's Unabridged Dictionary right from my childhood)

5) Most important thing :THINK IN ENGLISH
(I shall explain the Samskrut words VICHAR, VAIKHARI AND VANI later, to explain the process of speech, in my subsequent postings, as in present context it is inappropriate to do that)

6) Never forget the GRAMMAR, keep refering to it.

7) Ask a teacher whenever in doubt.

8) Don't feel ashamed if people laugh on you when you have made a mistake; A child falls many times before he learns to walk and there are always helping hands to make him stand on his feet; it shall also happen to you, when those who are knowing the language would correct you. When they do so, never feel offended and discuss your mistakes with them. You would gain knowledge about usages of the language.

9) Read quality literature, including classics and prize winning novels, poems and dramas etc.

I have used the above to learn four more languages apart from English and find these suggestions are universal, not just limited to English

AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, READ BRIEF VERSES POSTED BY AMIGOS4 IN THE FORUMS........ HAHAHA (I am serious Amigo.......... believe me)

NAMASTE,

SUDHKAMP

Last edited:
Hi Amigo, it is an honour to be called upon by you, to post suggestions on improving conversational English. In my opinion:

a) imbibe new words whenever you come across them, do not simply run through them, but write them on a paper

iii) its etymology
v) consruct your own sentences with these new words as per illustrations
vi) try to use them as and when the occasion arises and if such occasion does not arise, create an occasion yourself(this may be crafty) to use this new word

2) Listen to others while they are speaking, especially the Radio News, TV reports, statesman, diplomats etc. and note their usages. Try to immitate them, just like a child does. You would learn the language quickly.

3) Always use simple sentences in your conversation. Forget that future tense, it is hardlly required while speaking and rarely necessiated. Just use the simple present tense and past tense while you are learning English. The other forms may follow later when you are conversant with grammar and its usages.

4) Never use a bilingual Dicionary, it would make you keep translating in your mind while speaking and reduce your flow in English language.
Purchase a recognized UNABRIDGED DICTIONARY(I am using Webster's Unabridged Dictionary right from my childhood)

(I shall explain the Samskrut words VICHAR, VAIKHARI AND VANI later, to explain the process of speech, in my subsequent postings, as in present context it is inappropriate to do that)

8) Don't feel ashamed if people laugh on you when you have made a mistake; A child falls many times before he learns to walk and there are always helping hands to make him stand on his feet; it shall also happen to you, when those who are knowing the language would correct you. When they do so, never feel offended and discuss your mistakes with them. You would gain knowledge about usages of the language.

9) Read quality literature, including classics and prize winning novels, poems and dramas etc.

I have used the above to learn four more languages also and find these suggestions are universal, not limited to English

AND LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST, READ BRIEF VERSES POSTED BY AMIGOS4 IN THE FORUMS........ HAHAHA (I am serious Amigo.......... believe me)

NAMASTE,

SUDHKAMP
Very nicely said, SUDH! Congratulations!

Keep up the fine work! You've earned a bonus in your next paycheck!!! ;-)

Cheers,
Amigo

Very nicely said, SUDH! Congratulations!

Keep up the fine work! You've earned a bonus in your next paycheck!!! ;-)

Cheers,
Amigo
Dear Amigos, will you add that amount to my 2 years arrears w.r.e.?

Namaste,

SUDHKAMP

Dear Amigos, will you add that amount to my 2 years arrears w.r.e.?

Namaste,

SUDHKAMP
SUDH, my BOLD friend! You will get your bonus check when the bulls are once again running on Wall street! :up:

SUDH, my BOLD friend! You will get your bonus check when the bulls are once again running on Wall street! :up:
Dear Proof,
forget about that Polar bear from Antarctica, now Amigos wants that extinct share market bull from that Wall Street in New York. Search in those Oil Wells, you may find some caracass.:oops::cry::cry::-?
And our paychecks are also gone for good.:roll::roll::roll:
That is what you get after toiling so hard in a Cafe whole day!!!!!!!:shock:

I'm translating a Christian holy book from latin...

Say "Good luck"

(It's easy to translate... but luck is always useful)

Say "Good luck"

Good luck Simosito, whenever you start the work, always remember God, you are bound to succeed.:up:

For the forums,

SUDHKAMP

Say "Good luck"

Good luck, Sim! You didn't waste much time since you returned to Roma!

By the way, what is happening with your cartoon book friend and the autographs you were seeking? Did anything ever develop from your contacts?

Cheers,
Amigo

Good luck, Sim! You didn't waste much time since you returned to Roma!

By the way, what is happening with your cartoon book friend and the autographs you were seeking? Did anything ever develop from your contacts?

Cheers,
Amigo

I'll send the interviews as soon as I can. But I think he's somewhere having fun, not near a PC...

:)
Hi, Roukaya! Welcome to the International Cafe'! This is the place where you can practice your English while having lots of fun!

We have lots of 'regular' members who visit the Cafe' and I am sure they will also be willing to help you.

Let me offer the first suggestion: Always begin each sentence with a capital letter. See the above corrections for your first lesson on capital letters! (There are other corrections that are needed but I will focus on the capital letters.) :lol:

Come back often! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Even though Socrates was a phenomenal teacher that improved my understanding of philosophy, Amigo also was even a greater teacher which gave me some beautiful lectures in English! ;-):up:

Dear Proof,
forget about that Polar bear from Antarctica, now Amigos wants that extinct share market bull from that Wall Street in New York. Search in those Oil Wells, you may find some caracass.:oops::cry::cry::-?
And our paychecks are also gone for good.:roll::roll::roll:
That is what you get after toiling so hard in a Cafe whole day!!!!!!!:shock:

How about a vulture? Do you have one of those nasty vultures sneaking around behind the poor lion's whelp, Amigo? :lol:

Say "Good luck"

Good Luck, lad! Hope to have a version of your book! But if you are going to send me, it will be an honor to see it with your handwriting! ;-)

Cheers,
P

Hi Proof, are you searching those oil wells for that share bull of Wall street. They say oil is responsible for the end of bull run. I just marvel the technical abilities of these Americans, even the bull was turned into OIL FUEL AUTOMOBILE.:shock::shock::shock:

Hi Proof, are you searching those oil wells for that share bull of Wall street. They say oil is responsible for the end of bull run. I just marvel the technical abilities of these Americans, even the bull was turned into OIL FUEL AUTOMOBILE.:shock::shock::shock:

That is why I like Americns! ;-)

P

iii) its etymology
v) construct your own sentences with these new words as per illustrations

I have used the above to learn four more languages apart from English and find these suggestions are universal, not just limited to English

NAMASTE,

SUDHKAMP

Your post is quite useful, dear Sudhkamp. :up:

That being said, I only would add two things on:
1- Get a pen pal. That is to say, a native speaker of English.
2- Go abroad as soon as possible. You will improve your English very quickly. The best way ever.

That is all to me.

That being said, I only would add two things on:
1- Get a pen pal. That is to say, a native speaker of English.
2- Go abroad as soon as possible. You will improve your English very quickly. The best way ever.

That is all to me.
Come visit me, Phil! We'll speak English while eating French pastry!!! :up:

Cheers,
Amigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back