International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy is the neighbourhood Dog.

Hi my friends:-D
i missed you all.

I'm so happy because there are some good new events in my life. I wish the same for all of you.
Hi Bishooooooooooooooooooooo,
soooooooooooooooooo nice to see you again.
What is the "Bushrra"(good news)?
Are you getting married?
OR have you joined some good University?
OR have you been appointed on a crucial executive post?:up:

Share the good news with all your friends at UsingEnglish.com!

All of us wish you the best.

I am waiting for someone to say HAPPY SUNDAY.

well, HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!

nice to see you all ;-)
and yes Bisho, what is the "BUSHRA" ?

Happy Sunday from sunny and warm Arizona! Today the temperature will be 84F. :)

The Academy Awards will be televised tonight! Which film do you think will receive the "Best Film" award? I'm guessing 'Slumdog..."

Cheers,
Amigo

The Academy Awards will be televised tonight! Which film do you think will receive the "Best Film" award? I'm guessing 'Slumdog..."

Cheers,
Amigo

I watch the ceremony every year. Unfortunately we haven't chance to see the films before the award and so I can't guess.:)

Happy Sunday. I am alsop hoping that "The slumdog millionaire" shall win the Academny award.

"Happy Mahashivratri"

It is one of the five major festivals in India.

Happy Sunday. I am alsop hoping that "The slumdog millionaire" shall win the Academny award.
Simosito is hoping that Slumcat Millionaire wins!!!! ;-)

SlumCoyote is next year's winner!!!!! :up:

Where is Heidi hiding today?????? :shock:
In her bunker, if she comes out, there would be more fireworks!

Where is Be Real? And I cannot see Lojina and Gayanah too!
And I am sure, Sim is watching the Academy awards ceremony live telecast.
And why you are not watching those Oscars, amigos?

Slumdog Millionaire has won nine Oscar awards. Congratulation to the film making team.
India's Music director A.R. Rehman and Lyricist Gulzar have won Oscars for the film.

Congratulations to another documentary film related to India, which won Oscar,
Smile Pinky!

Kudos to Slumdog Millionaire, the winner of this year's Oscar for Best Picture!!!

"Happy Mahashivratri"

Congratulations
SUDH

And of course for tha film Slumdog Millionaire and for Indian music and song.

Happy Monday to all!!!!!!! Best wishes for a wonderful week!

"Happy Mahashivratri"

Shivaratri is one of the holiest nights of the year. It is the night dedicated to the worship of Lord Shiva. Literally, Shivratri means, “The great night of Shiva.” It is celebrated on the 13th or 14th day of the dark half of the month of Phalguna (February - March).

In the trinity of gods – Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva – Lord Shiva is the one who destroys that which is old and impure in order to make room for a new creation of that which is pure and divine. Lord Shiva annihilates our egos, our attachments and our ignorance. Many fear Lord Shiva’s destructive capacity, and yet it is destruction for the purpose of regeneration. Without death, life cannot begin anew. Without the annihilation of old habits, attachments and ego, we cannot progress toward the goal of God realization. Unless our “vessel” has been emptied of all that is old, negative and impure, it cannot be filled with divine qualities.

The holiday of Shivratri is celebrated by performing special Shiva puja and Abhishek as well as by remaining awake at night in meditation, kirtan and japa. During the course of the night, the Abhishek can be performed every three hours with water, milk, yogurt, honey, etc. Bel (bilva) leaves are frequently offered during Shiva puja, as it is believed that Maha Lakshmi resides within them, and it is considered particularly auspicious to offer them on this occasion.

Happy Maha Shivaratri....... OM NAMAH SHIVAY

Cheers
Rasna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back