International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caligula, Nero, Domitian, Commodus
(those are the one whom I studied till know)
All the emperors who tried to creat an oriaental monarchy and killed a lot of Senatus members...
Where would you place Nero on the chart? ;-)

Where would you place Nero on the chart? ;-)
When thinking of 'bad emperors', what place on the chart would you assign Nero?

When thinking of 'bad emperors', what place on the chart would you assign Nero?

You mean chart like a graphical representation of his badness?

You mean chart like a graphical representation of his badness?
Exactly! Was Nero considered a 'great' emperor or a 'terrible' emperor? (Was he a great fiddler????? :lol::lol:;-))

Nero was a madman.
Seneca (with Afranius Burrus) told him: "Kill your mother, it's better". Few days later Agrippina drown...
Then Nero stop listening to Seneca and made him kill himself, after having killed the whole Pisoni family.
When the Spanish soldiers chose Galba as new emperor Nero stabbed himself and gave the world a big house in the centre of Rome (the Domus Aurea, built after the great fire of Rome -- probably ordered by Nero himself).

(This ancient tale looks like The Sopranos or The Godfather, doesn't it?)

I bet Nero liked pizza! :) :)

I don't think Nero would have been a good member to invite to the Cafe', do you?

Of course not.

Do you know that famous software to write CDs and DVDs, Nero Burning Rom?

Of course not.

Do you know that famous software to write CDs and DVDs, Nero Burning Rom?
Sim, I never put the two together...'Nero' and 'burning'! Now I can appreciate the humor and creativity of the Nero software!

Thank you, my friend! :up:

Do you think Caesar enjoyed eating his 'Caesar salads'? ;-)

Other mondegreens:
"The girl with colitis goes by" ("the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)
"While shepherds washed their socks by nigh" ("While shepherds watched their flocks by night".)
Surely Good Mrs. Murphy shall follow me all the days of my life ("Surely goodness and mercy…" from Psalm 23)

Hello0o0o0o everyone,:hi:

It's my turn to post now !!:cool:

1st : Congratulations dear Sim ..You're reatching the top !!:-D:up:

2nd: before I tell the news I want youto know that rain is rare here in the UAE .. :-:)puppydog:

3rd: :multi::multi:It's RAINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:multi::multi:

I'm so0o0o0o happy >>playing under the rain ...:-D

:smilecol::smilecol::smilecol::smilecol:

I'll go to bring some hot drink while the waiters are not here ..:lol:

see you all later,
Be Real;-)

Here's (were rain isn't rare) raining too. I love rain!

Hello everyone, dear Be should move to Costa Rica then, here we have a long rainy season (8 months, more or less). :-D

I think our warm season is beginning officially today, no clouds, the sky is in a beautiful blue, let´s celebrate! natural drinks for everybody, it´s on Heidi, yeah!!

MrNaturalDrinks1.jpg

Enjoy :-D:up:

Here in Italy's still raining!
What a beautiful sound!

I'll offer the drinks indeed! You deserve them...

After the Diwali celebrations, the nights have become really cool and the Indian winter has begun. It shall last for another three months, till end of February. Hope this would mean better crop production this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back