International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear Amigos,
can you please include Idli-Sambar-Chatni in the menu. It shall really make this cafe truly Internationa.(I just cannot wait for the order to be served........ Yummy)

Yours gratefully,

SUDHKAMP
(Oh Amigos please, please, please.....................)

My dear Amigos,
can you please include Idli-Sambar-Chatni in the menu. It shall really make this cafe truly Internationa.(I just cannot wait for the order to be served........ Yummy)

Yours gratefully,

SUDHKAMP
(Oh Amigos please, please, please.....................)
:up: Your wish is my command, SUDH! But, I was hoping NanetteDee would suggest a Russian dish or two!!!

I hear that MSE has purchased her tickets to this weekend's Beach Party in Costa Rica!!! ;-)

:up: Your wish is my command, SUDH! But, I was hoping NanetteDee would suggest a Russian dish or two!!!

I hear that MSE has purchased her tickets to this weekend's Beach Party in Costa Rica!!! ;-)
Yes, quite an occasion, and the whole gang would join them there. Amigos, will you please write a couplet, involving the best couple Wil and Isabella, and rest of us!(What a lovely occasion it would be, lucky boy wil):up:

Hi, Sim! No, you are not 'stupid'! The e-mail link at the bottom of the page will take you to 'share with a friend'! I should have che3cked it out further before I sent you the link!

Try the following: john.grogan @ marleyandme .com

Good luck!

Amigo

Is it just a guess or you've found it somewhere?

edit: Ok I know that the address is Ok and not just a guess.

I've sent an e-mail.

Is it just a guess or you've found it somewhere?
Sim, my dear lad! Have I ever steered you in the wrong direction????

I didn't just 'find' the address, I researched the address!!!! Yes! The address is valid!

Cheers,
Amigo

Sorry, I doubted of you.
Mea Culpa

Sorry, I doubted of you.
Mea Culpa
OK! For your penance: Say 3 'Hail Marys', 2 'Our Fathers', and put an extra Euro or two in the collection box! :up:

erm... I don't remember the Hail Mary.
I can remember only till "benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus" :oops:

erm... I don't remember the Hail Mary.
I can remember only till "benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus" :oops:
"Hail, Mary, full of grace..."! Sim, what kind of altar boy are you???? :lol::lol:

Your penance has just increased: write me a 250 word composition on the following theme: "How I spent my summer vacation praying in churches from Rome to London and Greece!" I'll expect the finished product by this coming Monday! :up:

Well, if you think that I'm Christian only since 2007 I'm quite good.
and I'm not baptized yet (but if you cfr. Vatican Council II I am baptized).
Thus I did not pray in London nor in Greece...

Well, if you think that I'm Christian only since 2007 I'm quite good.
and I'm not baptized yet (but if you cfr. Vatican Council II I am baptized).
Thus I did not pray in London nor in Greece...
Mama mia!!!! How can someone live in Rome and not be a Catholic!!! :shock:
Of course, I'm teasing you, Sim! You can be whatever you want to be! ;-)

OK! I'll change the theme for your composition: "How I spent my summer vacation from Rome to London and Greece by not praying in the local churches!" :lol:

Well, I did not spent the whole holidays not praying.
I prayed a little...

(
This may continue for a long long time, I hate those kind of compositions!
When I did the KET the composition was "Tell to a frined all about your new mobile phone"... Grrr!
)

P.s.

You're not teasing me.
As I say

"First I believe, then I am Christian and only then I am Catholic"

Thank you, L.F., you are very sweet, except I am a woodchuck, not a rabbit. Don't you recognize me? The one who chucks wood at other woodchucks around the woods so they all have to be doctored by a doctor.
Of course I would love a cup of cappuccino (even if I have to check the spelling twice while typing it) and I hope everybody on here will join. Can we have swiss rolls with that?:-D
Affectionatelly,
Nanette

Hey, Nanette! You are so welcome to the IC! I got a better idea: This place is not only for fun, but also for having lots of food orders from the chef's menu which includes Indian peppery foods and Iranian homemade foods and there is a zoo that is prepared for customers to choose their animal to have fun with and if the choice would be so delicious, it is going to be grilled or boiled according to customers' tastes!!! :-D;-)

What a spectacular Cafe!!!

Many thanks,
Detective P,

September 2008

The first beam was circulated through the collider on the morning of 10 September 2008. CERN successfully fired the protons around the tunnel in stages, three kilometres at a time. The particles were fired in a clockwise direction into the accelerator and successfully steered around it at 10:28 am local time. The LHC successfully completed its first major test: after a series of trial runs, two white dots flashed on a computer screen showing the protons traveled the full length of the collider. It took less than one hour to guide the stream of particles around its inaugural circuit.CERN next successfully sent a beam of protons in a counterclockwise direction.

Today's experiment successfully set the stage for a much significant experiment which will be performed in October 2008!

October 2008

The first high-energy collisions are planned to take place after the LHC is officially unveiled on 21 October 2008.

P

September 2008

The first beam was circulated through the collider on the morning of 10 September 2008. CERN successfully fired the protons around the tunnel in stages, three kilometres at a time. The particles were fired in a clockwise direction into the accelerator and successfully steered around it at 10:28 am local time. The LHC successfully completed its first major test: after a series of trial runs, two white dots flashed on a computer screen showing the protons traveled the full length of the collider. It took less than one hour to guide the stream of particles around its inaugural circuit.CERN next successfully sent a beam of protons in a counterclockwise direction.

Today's experiment successfully set the stage for a much significant experiment which will be performed in October 2008!

October 2008

The first high-energy collisions are planned to take place after the LHC is officially unveiled on 21 October 2008.

P
Thanks for the update, P!!!! These are exciting times! :up:

A

Attention Cafe' Patrons:

Our dear friend, P has reached the 1900 post benchmark! Congratulations, Prince of Tabriz!!!! We are proud of you!

Cheers,
Amigo

September 2008

October 2008

P
Dear P, what they have built in that underground tunnel is a a big cyclotron and the released particles are getting the acceleration continuously. (Some of those parts of that accelerator have been supplied by India, and developed in my hometown. I have couple of my college classmates working on the project.)

Cyclotron : It is an accelerator in which particles are propelled in spiral paths by the use of a constant magnetic field.

The accelerator is nothing but a series of of electro-magnets, arranged continuouslu, in which the magnetic field can be alternated by the flow of current. If the direction of current is reversed then the magnetic field would reverse(say the North Pole would become South Pole, if the direction of current in the electro-magnet is reversed). All the nuclear particles are having charge and are attracted or repelled by the magnetic field. When they are projected in a magnetic field, a computer tracks them by a sensor and the complex computer shows its magic by making the electro-magnets ahead of that projected particle to attract the particle, by say becoming positive for that negatively charged particle and making the electromagnets behind the particle as negative and repelling the particle in forward direction. This is like pulling a cart in front direction while pushing it from behind. This accelrates the speed of the projected particle and can be used for bombarding desired object to perform nuclear experiment. (Also, this change of magnetic field is a very complex process and some millions of time is the magnetic field changed in one second. It is very difficult to do because a nano second result may prove disasterous for the experiment).
Also, to save space and keep resuing the magnetic field, the particle is made to travel in the same accelerator by making it in spiral shape and the particle is released only when it has achieved desired speed through an exit. Since the spiral accelarator makes the particle to make cycle again and again in the accelarator, it is called Cyclotron.

Why are we discussing so many things in Greek and Latin (literally and phrasally).

Can someone please tell me if right now we are in the black hole or are we still trying to create it. :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back