New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone, I'm new here, I come from China, I work for an oil refinery, I have been learning English about more than one year. I'm so excited to find such a good site. I love this site. and I love all of you.

Hello everybody! My name is RAM from the Philippines. I'm 11 years old and I'm in level 6. I came across this site while looking for meanings of idiomatic expressions. I am so glad I discovered this site. It helps me meet new people from around the world while learning. Thanks for all the corrections. :)

Hi, Ram, and welcome. Click here for idioms on site. :-D

Hello to everyone!

I am a Canadian who now lives in Sweden and I agree, this is a great board!

Hello Sweron,
I hope you will enjoy your time in here. Which part of Canda you are from? Do you enjoy living in Sweden?
Nice to see you in here.

Hello!

I spent most of my adult-years in Edmonton & Calgary in western Canada.

I have been in Sweden for two years and quite like it! Society here is generally happy and well adjusted and the pace of life is restrained without being boring. It (Sweden) has it's problems just as every place does, but I think it's place on the UN 'Best places to live' list is an accurate reflection of what it is like to live here.

As for this board, I am very impressed with it. I have been lurking for a while and I have referred several students here.

Thanks for the welcome! I will 'see you around' the board I am sure.

Hello!

I used to live in the Philippines for 15 years ever since I was born. I moved to the united states and been here for 2 years now. I didn't take any esl classes because i didn't know of those. My father probably didn't make me take those classes because he knew i was good at english, but i really wasn't.

I've been through hell with my english. Luckily i met some filipino friends along the way (they also came from the Philippines). The Filipino Americans at our school were kind but they only spoke English. So I had to speak with them in english, even though I knew they could understand Tagalog.

Maybe a few more years, and with help from this website, i will be able to speak english fluently 100% i hope.

Hello Dodgerfan. I'm sure you will be able to adapt fast and be able to learn English well. English has always been the medium of instruction in our country. In our province, we still speak Tagalog most of the time but we are encouraged to speak in English in school. There is renewed interest in English because of job opportunities abroad esp the US and UK.
Kumusta na lang lahat diyan sa mga kababayan natin. Mabuhay ang mga Noypis!
RAM

Hi, I'm new too

Im English but live in Mallorca Spain. My 6 year old son speaks 3 languages, Mallorcan, Spanish and English, I am looking for ways to help his English reading and writing as at school he is taught in Mallorcan (a form of Catalan) and Spanish. I'm open to ideas and must say am very impressed with what I have seen so far on this site...

Jackie

Hi people!!!
I'm new here.
I'm from Argentina at the bottom of the world so i'm a spanish speaker, i'm 15 years old and i really like english, i want to be an english teahcer. I found this forum by accident. I know othe forum like this so now i have two resources to learn more english :-D

i see you all in the foorum

Regards :up:

Last edited:
Hi all there,

I am a newbie as you can see at the member statue. I am from Myanmar--an almost forgotten land.

See you all in the forum. :-D

Tuangpi

tuangpi said:
Hi all there,

I am a newbie as you can see at the member statue. I am from Myanmar--an almost forgotten land.

See you all in the forum. :-D

Tuangpi

Hi tuangpi and welcome to this forum

I don't think that you'll be forgotten in here.;-)

I am a college student from China and I have studied English for years. But I don't think I am good at it. If I were left under a circumstance where English is used, I think I will get bigger progress.

Hello everybody! :-D

I am an Argentinian. I'm doing the English teacher's training course, I'm an accountant, and also study German and this coming March begin with Italian.

I love languages and exchanging information with other cultures. I am really glad to be here and know people all over the world.

Cheers, Maeve ;-)

Hi everyone,
I come from Vietnam. I am studying English right now. I hope that I can make good friends with you guys. I love meeting people and having fun together.
Best,
Silversea :-D

Hello everone

I am British Citizen I came to China to teach.

I like making friends and I like meeting different people from around the world.

Take care. :-D :-D

:) First, I prefer to say the salutation to the webmaster and all members ..

Second, I'm glad to join this fourm and I really hope to receive and give benefits ..

My name is : yazeed :-D ..... From : Saudi Arabia ..... I'm studying in The College of Languages and Translation (level 4) "English"

T a K e C a R e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back