New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Latoof! Hi, Ulli!

:hi:

It's good to have you here. Make yourself at home.

:hi:

Hi latoof and thanks a lot for supporting me and encouraging me as well . I am from kuwait and as I said befor , iam going to study english litrature at the arab open university inshaala . Iam looking forward to achieve the succed you have. but I find it difficult because every body say that you should have to talk to someone who speak english so that you can improve your english speaking , Is that true?? and if not ...what is the best way to to be fluent in english ...this question also directed to mr.tdol and mr. ronbee. thanks alot for all of you.

red rose said:
I am from kuwait and as I said befor , iam going to study english litrature at the arab open university inshaala .

You are our first poster from Kuwait (that I know of). :D

(Say: "I am going to study English literature at the Arab open university." (Names of languages are always capitalized.))

red rose said:
Iam looking forward to achieve the succed you have.

Say:
  • I am looking forward to achieving the success you have.

red rose said:
but I find it difficult because every body say that you should have to talk to someone who speak english so that you can improve your english speaking Is that true??

• But I don't know if I can, because everybody says that you havce to talk to someone who speaks English to improve your own spoken English. Is that true?

It would help. (If I had had somebody to speak German with I would be fluent in German by now.) But there are audio tapes you can get. And you can watch American and British movies and TV shows.

red rose said:
and if not ...what is the best way to to be fluent in english ...this question also directed to mr.tdol and mr. ronbee. thanks alot for all of you.

There are also websites with where you can get the pronunciation of English words. This site has links to some of them. (Go to the links page.)

(Type a lot as two words.)

:)

Thank you ronbee for the correction...we used to translate what we want to say from arabic to english so some sentences became long and have much details ...but I will try to remmember how to use specific word in its proper position.

I have one question...please sir or ms. I dont know wether you are male or female...if you please give me web sites that have english songs ...Ihave been told that will help to improve our english and help us to remember simple sentences.
i will be greatful to you...thanx.

Hm. Songs. I'll ask Tdol about that.

:)

red rose said:
Thank you ronbee for the correction...we used to translate what we want to say from arabic to english so some sentences became long and have much details ...but I will try to remmember how to use specific word in its proper position.

I have one question...please sir or ms. I dont know wether you are male or female...if you please give me web sites that have english songs ...Ihave been told that will help to improve our english and help us to remember simple sentences.
i will be greatful to you...thanx.

In Google, if you type in the name of any song and the word 'lyrics', you will generally get the words straightaway. Type in MP3 and you'll get the song. http://www.kazaagold.com/ is supporsed to be good.;-)

red rose said:
Hi latoof and thanks a lot for supporting me and encouraging me as well . I am from kuwait and as I said befor , iam going to study english litrature at the arab open university inshaala . Iam looking forward to achieve the succed you have. but I find it difficult because every body say that you should have to talk to someone who speak english so that you can improve your english speaking , Is that true?? and if not ...what is the best way to to be fluent in english ...this question also directed to mr.tdol and mr. ronbee. thanks alot for all of you.
You are welcome.
My English is not that good, but what I have done is that I have started to read all the subjects I like to read about in English rather than Arabic. By this way I learned alot of words in these fields. I like generaly to read in Psychology, History, Poetry; you can read my poem which I posted in this site titeld Ican be that high, and jugde it yourself. You may try to depend on yourself more in reading and believe me this will not just increase your knowledge, but also will correct your language as you read it in its correct form. More than that, try to listen to the English movies, rather than reading the translation.
Ah, one more thing, try not to think in Arabic and then to say it out in English. This will not be good for you. I stopped doing this a very very very long time ago.
Try it and tell be about the result.

red rose said:

Say:

Teacher, isn't this sentence possible: "I am looking forward to achieve the success that have."

:lol: I almost forgot to introduce myself here because I've been asking lots of questions since the day I joined this forum. Anyways, I'm RL from the Philippines. I really love this site and I want to say THANKS to our helpful teachers. :)

RL said:
red rose said:

Say:

Teacher, isn't this sentence possible: "I am looking forward to achieve the success that have."

I don't think so. You have to use the present participle there. Examples:
  • I am looking forward to winning.
    I am looking forward to going to Korea.
    I am looking forward to seeing you.
    I am looking forward to having a good time.

BTW, is that a picture of you? (I second what Francois said. "Cute" is the word.)

:wink:

Hi,

My name is Janne, and I am a 17-year-old boy from Finland. At the moment I am studying at a sixth form college. After I have graduated I will apply for a University.

I like studying languages. I have now studied English for 8 years, German for 6 years and Swedish for 4 years. Everyone must study at least English and Swedish here. Finland is a bilingual country (both Finnish and Swedish are official languages) and that’s why we have to study Swedish. If I could choose, I wouldn´t study Swedish because I consider it a useless language.

I am especially keen on the British culture. British sitcoms are my passion. I also love British music. The Beatles and the Clash are my favourites. Last year I spent a week in England and without a doubt I can tell you it was the best week of my life this far. Of course I like the American culture too; I couldn’t live without the Simpsons or Late Night with Conan O’Brien :)

I would like to become a teacher some day. I would like to teach English the most, but I think my English is not good enough yet. I have been planning an exchange year though, and a year in the UK/US might improve my English a lot.

I joined this forum to improve my English. I hope I will learn something new here :)

hi everyone :)

my name is fahda (female) and i`m 20 years old
i`m studying at college (language and translation- English section) first year

i joined this forum because i want to improve my language and meet new friends

i hope evryone eccept me as a friend

thanx to u :D

RL said:
:lol: I almost forgot to introduce myself here because I've been asking lots of questions since the day I joined this forum. Anyways, I'm RL from the Philippines. I really love this site and I want to say THANKS to our helpful teachers. :)

Hi and welcome.:hi:

foss said:
Hi,

My name is Janne, and I am a 17-year-old boy from Finland. At the moment I am studying at a sixth form college. After I have graduated I will apply for a University.

I like studying languages. I have now studied English for 8 years, German for 6 years and Swedish for 4 years. Everyone must study at least English and Swedish here. Finland is a bilingual country (both Finnish and Swedish are official languages) and that’s why we have to study Swedish. If I could choose, I wouldn´t study Swedish because I consider it a useless language.

I am especially keen on the British culture. British sitcoms are my passion. I also love British music. The Beatles and the Clash are my favourites. Last year I spent a week in England and without a doubt I can tell you it was the best week of my life this far. Of course I like the American culture too; I couldn’t live without the Simpsons or Late Night with Conan O’Brien :)

I would like to become a teacher some day. I would like to teach English the most, but I think my English is not good enough yet. I have been planning an exchange year though, and a year in the UK/US might improve my English a lot.

I joined this forum to improve my English. I hope I will learn something new here :)

Hi, Janne- you already have excellent English, but I hope we can help. ;-)

fahda_sa said:
hi everyone :)

my name is fahda (female) and i`m 20 years old
i`m studying at college (language and translation- English section) first year

i joined this forum because i want to improve my language and meet new friends

i hope evryone eccept me as a friend

thanx to u :D

Hi,Fahda and welcome. Where are you from? :lol:

RonBee said:
RL said:
red rose said:

Say:

I don't think so. You have to use the present participle there. Examples:
  • I am looking forward to winning.
    I am looking forward to going to Korea.
    I am looking forward to seeing you.
    I am looking forward to having a good time.

BTW, is that a picture of you? (I second what Francois said. "Cute" is the word.)

:wink:

Oh I see.. Thanks teacher Ronbee! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back