New Members - Introduce yourself here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdol said:
RL said:
:lol: I almost forgot to introduce myself here because I've been asking lots of questions since the day I joined this forum. Anyways, I'm RL from the Philippines. I really love this site and I want to say THANKS to our helpful teachers. :)

Hi and welcome.:hi:

Thanks, tdol! :D

RL said:
tdol said:
RL said:
:lol: I almost forgot to introduce myself here because I've been asking lots of questions since the day I joined this forum. Anyways, I'm RL from the Philippines. I really love this site and I want to say THANKS to our helpful teachers. :)

I hope I am not being too nosy, but you are originally from the Phillipines, right? Did you move to Korea, and are you now going to school there?

:)

RonBee said:
RL said:
tdol said:
RL said:

I hope I am not being too nosy, but you are originally from the Phillipines, right? Did you move to Korea, and are you now going to school there?

Yes, I'm from the Philippines and I'm just planning to visit Korea, maybe next year. :) Teacher Ron, is this sentence correct: I'm looking forward to getting to you better.

Thank you! :wink:

Thanks, tdol! :D[/quote]

:)[/quote]

Uhm, teacher.. This is how you spell Philippines correctly. :wink:

RL said:
RonBee said:
RL said:

You are right. Three p's in Philippines.

(Sorry if I was being too nosy.)

RonBee said:
RL said:
RonBee said:
RL said:

You are right. Three p's in Philippines.

(Sorry if I was being too nosy.)

No Problem! :D

Hi, everyone!
I come from P.R.China, and glad to meet you in this forum.

edgarxu said:
Hi, everyone!
I come from P.R.China, and glad to meet you in this forum.

Welcome, Edgar! :hi:

G'Day mates!

I am a North American from the U.S.A.

I am retired from my chosen profession and now teach Business Management, International Marketing, International Negotiating, International Law, Business Communications, Conversation English blah, blah, blah. Not bragging, just letting you know that a native English speaker can be pressed into teaching just about anything in China.

My passion is to write articles exposing what is wrong with the Educational system in China and how it could be corrected with sufficient "p" will.

I do not know what, if anything I can contribute to this forum but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

MW said:
G'Day mates!

I am retired from my chosen profession and now teach Business Management, International Marketing, International Negotiating, International Law, Business Communications, Conversation English blah, blah, blah. Not bragging, just letting you know that a native English speaker can be pressed into teaching just about anything in China.

My passion is to write articles exposing what is wrong with the Educational system in China and how it could be corrected with sufficient "p" will.

I do not know what, if anything I can contribute to this forum but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Welcome, MW! I'm looking forward to reading your articles. (I'm very interested in the Educational system in China.) :)

Hi MW,

Do you know if they care for native-speaking Frenchmen? I would love to teach something International too :D

FRC

Francois said:
Hi MW,

Do you know if they care for native-speaking Frenchmen? I would love to teach something International too :D

FRC

As a matter of fact there are several universities in Shanghai that do recruit native French speakers to teach. www.chinatefl.com is one place to look.

Welcome MW, I really love to read your articles about education in China. It would be interesting, hearing it from a foreigner's perspective. :)

Articles

Do a google search for "Niu Qiang and Martin Wolff"

You will find at least six articles.

MW said:
G'Day mates!

Hi and welcome:hi:.

I teach students coming to take post-graduate courses in the UK and I have noticed a rise in the standard of English in students coming from China over the last few years, so sonme places must be getting it right. Mind you, Shane told us about the test that began 'When Julie was a little boy, he like and watched the radio very much'.;-)

China EFL

TDOL if you would tell me where to post them, I have several articles about China that would inform and entertain.

Re: China EFL

MW said:
TDOL if you would tell me where to post them, I have several articles about China that would inform and entertain.

I've sent you a private message. ;-)

I have sent you an email.

'When Julie was a little boy, he like and watched the radio very much'

You probably think that the first mistake is in calling Julie a little boy. However, in China there is no distinction between male and female names. I have many male students who enter my class with a girl's name. I pollute their little minds with Western ideology and require them to take boy's names before the end of my first class. Some become very indignant because they have had their English name for many years. Amazing that none of their Chinese English teachers ever corrected them? NOT!

OIC (Only in China) can a boy have a girl's name and a girl have a boy's name.

I had a senior college student from Shanghai tell me that no Chinese man should get married until he owned a horse and cow. Poor pronunciation. He wrote a house and car.

If Julie has had a sex change and had lived in a rough area where there was a lot of theft, then you could make sense of the whole sentence. ;-)

Blacknomi: Can I have your name?

Student: I'm Listening.

Blacknomi: Oh, Good. I'm happy to hear that you are listening.

Student: :D (She gave me a big smile but I didn't think she was going to
tell me her name after her radiant smile.)

Blacknomi: So, errrrm. Your name?

Student: I'm Listening.

Blacknomi: #^&$^%(*%^(&)

Blacknomi: How do you spell your name?

Student: L-E-S-L-I-E, Listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back