International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simosito wow I love italian songs. mambo italiano and italinao vero are my favourite.

I don't want to upset you but the songs you're talking about have been created just to be singed into a ClebMed or somthing...

If you want to listen to something really italian see:

Songza: The music search engine & internet jukebox. Listen. Now.

(they're all quite old fashioned but they must be played)

DT,
I enjoy Italian songs, also! Would you like to lead us all in the "Italian Karaoke Night" activities? :-D

I'm not good in Italian music I listen to it only:lol:. I can lead you by my drum and shaking.:lol:
m6666.jpg

super, Simosito
thank you so much
are they cantautori ?

I don't want to upset you but the songs you're talking about have been created just to be singed into a ClebMed or somthing...

Ooh Simosito, I really appreciate it. I'm fallen for your language. I just teach myself and I really love your music and culture. Anyway, my problem is: I don't know the names of Italian singers. My friends have sent to a lot. And I can't understand anything.:-D

Nicely done, Simosito! You actually posted a reply without using the word cats! There is still hope for your salvation! ;-)

Thanks for sharing the terrific music! We'll play it during the evening dinner business!

And DT if you do that, please invite me!! I would like to be the spectator of that and maybe even take some pictures of it.

What do you think Nain? Are you ready for a young girl's punishment. I think some old men will stop scare me anymore. You understand me very well.:-D shalstudent catch him please don't let him run away.:loling:

Hi everybody,
I am new here and I am looking for friendships. So if someone's interested to write with a Swiss girl please write to me.:-D

Miss Solero Exotic

Hello, Miss Solero!!

Welcome, aboard!! Have you placed your order yet?

What do you think Nain? Are you ready for a young girl's punishment. I think some old men will stop scare me anymore. You understand me very well.:-D shalstudent catch him please don't let him run away.:loling:

Let him run away, DT? Not with you and me here. You have a choice now, what flavour of tea would you like to pour over his head?

Wait, wait, let me get my camera ready. Alright, am ready!!

quote]

Simosito!!! After a loooooooooooong time!! Where had you been all the while??

If you ladies want to do it so desperately :-(, I would prefer iced mint tea with a slice of lemon.:lol:

super, Simosito
thank you so much
are they cantautori ?

Domenico Modugno I think is a cantautore

Lucio Battisti did a lot of songs but only one album as author of both music and lyrics.

The songs I posted are written by Mogol (a famous song-writer)

Battisti/Panella: Il Diluvio (Don Giovanni, 1986)
This one "Il diluvio" is written by Pasquale Panella (an ermetic poet)
The lyric means quite nothing but it's still a masterpiece
The album is called "Don Giovanni" (like the famous Don Juan).

Ooh Simosito, I really appreciate it. I'm fallen for your language. I just teach myself and I really love your music and culture. Anyway, my problem is: I don't know the names of Italian singers. My friends have sent to a lot. And I can't understand anything.:-D

Battisti sang in English too.
He did an album caled Images.

If you're are an Immem.com member (it's free) you can hear Battisti singing "La canzone del sole" in English (The sun song) just following this link:
Battisti/Mogol/Powell: The sun song (Images, 1977)

Nicely done, Simosito! You actually posted a reply without using the word cats! There is still hope for your salvation!

Yeah! I did it!

---------------

Here in Italy it's 8:46 (A.M.) i should be at school (I enter school usually at 8:30 in the morning) but I'm ill (fever: 38 °C, 100.4 °F) and I'm confused like I felt down a hill.
and tomorrow I've got an English test...

Here in Italy it's 8:46 (A.M.) i should be at school (I enter school usually at 8:30 in the morning) but I'm ill (fever: 38 °C, 100.4 °F) and I'm confused like I felt down a hill.
and tomorrow I've got an English test...

Simosito, I'm sorry you are not feeling well! Bea and Shal have also been under the weather this week! Something nasty must be in the air!

What is the focus of your test in English tomorrow? Are you prepared?

Get well, my friend!

You will do well Simosito....just desist from killing any cats in your test paper.

Simosito, I'm sorry you are not feeling well! Bea and Shal have also been under the weather this week! Something nasty must be in the air!
Are you prepared?
Well, I spend lot of my precious time hangin' out with you, my virtual friends.

What is the focus of your test in English tomorrow?

I really don't know. We have seen dead poet's society but it was ages ago.
Anyway I think it will be easy. (And maybe funny too, I've got friends whose tests are better than Grucho Marx's letters).

Get well, my friend!

Thanks. My fever is lover now (37.8 °C, 100.039 °F)

You will do well Simosito....just desist from killing any cats in your test paper.

Don't worry, be happy I will not talk about killing cats.

Sorry, gotta go know (OM... I hope I won't write that in my test!)
Math is waiting me.

Bye,
Simosito

All the best, Simosito.Do well in your tests!!

My temperature is 101 F. What medication are you taking?

I don't take pills till I've got more than 38.4 °C (101.12 °F).
Then I use "Paracetamol"

I took tylenol. The pain has reduced but the runny nose and fever hasn't!!

Hi to all!

My fever is 37.2 °C (no need to be changed to an antiquated temperature unit. So mine is in Kelvin 310.2:))

But during last night it was near 40 °C when Barcelona's defensive line was going to be broke down by Schalke 04 at the beginning of the match!

The situation was continued to the end of match!:-D

Hi to all!

My fever is 37.2 °C (no need to be changed to an antiquated temperature unit. So mine is in Kelvin 310.2:))

But during last night it was near 40 °C when Barcelona's defensive line was going to be broke down by Schalke 04 at the beginning of the match!

The situation was continued to the end of match!:-D

Proof, this is the reason people generally watch these matches in a pub or at home drinking lots of beer. Keeps their temperature down.

But as it is banned in Iran....you should keep chilled spring water handy.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back