International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amigo is like a key for any unknown lock!
Way to go!!

Cheers,
P
P.,
I think Sim should interview us for his school newspaper, don't you????? Forget about T*** D****, Sim! We're ready for the interview immediately! :up:

You're welcome, Sim! I'm always ready to assist!

Wouldn't it be great if T*** D*** were to visit Rome sometime next year? If you planned far enough ahead of time, you might be able to get your picture taken with him! What a great story that would be for your high school newspaper!

Cheers,
Amigo

pozzo2.jpg
( = well) he's not that famous...

P.,
I think Sim should interview us for his school newspaper, don't you????? Forget about T*** D****, Sim! We're ready for the interview immediately! :up:

Don't worry, if I put the interview on the October number, I'll talk about y'all int the November one.

:-D
bye.

At the moment, Heidi is the happiest member of the forum!

My congratulations on Spain being the champion of the Euro 2008.
Germany lost the final match to Spain by 1-nil so we are going to celebrate this with Heidi if she would like to join us and say about her sense of beauty on her football-enthusiasticness!

Cheers,
P

At the moment, Heidi is the happiest member of the forum!

My congratulations on Spain being the champion of the Euro 2008.
Germany lost the final match to Spain by 1-nil so we are going to celebrate this with Heidi if she would like to join us and say about her sense of beauty on her football-enthusiasticness!

Cheers,
P
Congratulations to Espana!!!! :up:

I'm afraid Heidita has left us for good! We haven't seen her smiling face for quite a while! :-(

I'd love to hear some streaming music from your favorite radio station! Who has a link that I can visit?? :)

Music from Tucson can be heard at KiiM-FM 99.5 plays Tucson's Country Favorites! (There will be a brief commercial message before the music begins!)

Enjoy!

Amigo

hi pals,
guess what? I'm going to write an O.s.!

If you want to know more or say "You're crazy" just reply.
bye.

hi pals,
guess what? I'm going to write an O.s.!

If you want to know more or say "You're crazy" just reply.
bye.

Sim, do you mean Operating System??? What is O.s.!

Tell us more about your upcoming adventure!

One of my favourite: Radio Eska ;-)

Thanks for sharing, seba! It seems strange to see Polish written on the web page but also seeing English song titles!!!! Are most of the songs on this station sung in English? I was hoping to hear some Polish songs!

Cheers,
Amigo

Sim, do you mean Operating System??? What is O.s.!

Tell us more about your upcoming adventure!

Yes, Operating System!
I'm slimmed a Linux version (now I have a CD with only the basic system ad some tools) and I'm going to rewrite every non-vital piece from scratch!

(I know this isn't "to write an Operating System", but saying "I'm writing an O.s." sounds better)

Are most of the songs on this station sung in English? I was hoping to hear some Polish songs!
Hehe, it's because it is believed that to achieve success a song must be sung in English.. Hence, most of the popular songs you can here in any Polish radio is in English. ;-)
But I remember there've been a few radio stations that play Polish music only.. I'll try to find one of them for you, Amigo :-D
And if you're interested in Polish music, give me the genre and I'll give you names of the bands or youtube.com links ;-) My favourite band's Happysad. Don't be mistaken by the name, they sing in my native tongue. :-D Should you needany help in navigating on this page (in 'on' a correct preposition?:?:), just let me know! ;-) Also this online dictionary may appear helpful, for there's not much text.. rather simple words/phrases which meaning you should be able to figure out by the similarity to English, e.g. multimedia, dyskografia = discographia, linki = links, newsy = news, teksty = texts, koncerty = concerts.. In the dictionary, just type the unknown word and click on the white-and-red flag. ;-)

Amigo!
Here you'll find Polish music only! And browing the page, you'll find a lot of good (not only Polish) music. ;-)
And here you have the official, run by the public money, Polish radio.. a few channel of it actually.. Polskie Radio. First 3 channels are 'normal.' Channel Euro is dedicated for the Poles in Europe. PR dla zagranicy is dedicated for all the Polish living abroad. Then we have scientific channel and transmissions from/about parliament (I've never checked the last one.. I'm guessing by the name of the channel! ;-):lol:)
S~

Yes, Operating System!
I'm slimmed a Linux version (now I have a CD with only the basic system ad some tools) and I'm going to rewrite every non-vital piece from scratch!

(I know this isn't "to write an Operating System", but saying "I'm writing an O.s." sounds better)

Let us know when you finish, Sim. I'd like to check it out on my old PC.. :D

Yes, Operating System!

Looks like it is not my Destiny. Every time I try, something bad happens to my pc.

Well, I've tried (and I've improved my programming skills).

Who'd like to translate a software of mine into فارسی (farsi) or عَرَبيْ ([classic] arabic)?

Because I don't actually need to. I just hoped you'd be succesful in programming and you would like to boast a little with the effect of your work. ;-) It's only curiosity and politeness, Sim.
But if you don't manage or don't want to show what you've written it's fine for me. ;-)
S~

But if you don't manage or don't want to show what you've written it's fine for me. ;-)
S~

I'm sorry, I don't understand this sentence.
could you explain to a poor poor poor unlucky computer programmer what do you mean, please?

Of course.

But if you don't manage --> it refers back to the previous sentence and your post where you've mentioned you've got some difficulty in writing that OS. So if you don't manage.. / If you don't have sufficient skills in programming and therefore you can't finish rewriting (recreating) that Linux (from the scratch)..

..or don't want to show what you've written.. --> ..or if you don't want to share with us the effect of your programming (programming = writing a programme)/ your version of Linux..

..it's fine for me. --> I'll not insist on you to accomplish it. / I'll not make you finish it. /I have no problems with that.

I hope it's clearer now what I meant. ;-)
S~

seba_870701 said:
I hope it's clearer now what I meant. ;-)
S~

Yes it is.
And I've decided that I'll try again.

Great!
Good luck then!
Thank you!

I wrote a welcome screen.
now I'm writing the "file explorer" but I think I'll not support cut, copy and paste for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back