International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime I'd like to write my very book, but I think I'd never write a grammar one...

Hey guys,
as you probably already know I'm going to London this summer.
Do you know a good (4 stars) hotel/residence near the British Museum (let's say Russell Sq.)?

Thank you,
Sim

Today it is 15th May, and it is celebrated as the World Family Day.
It highlights the importance of families, and aims at fostering equlity, bringing about a fuller sharing of domestic responsibilites and employment opportunities.
Today there is a special theme for this day, 'Mothers and Families: Challenges in Changing World', which focuses on the important role of mothers for families.

Happy Friday to all.
It is Jumma, and many of our friends from Middle-East are bound to log-in.

Happpy Saturday to all!

India would be eager to know the results of the election of the Lok Sabha(the lower house of the Parliament). The big election process would come to end involving some
60 Crores voters(600 million voters). But see the wonder of electronics, the counting would be over in three hours, i.e., the counting would start at 8:00 Hrs I.S.T. and would be over in three hourse, due to usage of electronic voting machine. Millions of tons of paper saved.

Happy Sunday to all! I believe amigos4 would sign in today and give some chocolate chips to Simosito.

It's 15:11 here, happy 15:11 everyone in my time zone.

Happy 12:01 to all!!!!!!

Happy 12:44 PM to all!

Thank you very much Anglika!

Dear friends,
this week we're having the "unified tests", 4 final tests (English, Latin, Greek, Math) which are the same in all the school (once the students of V Ginnasio had an exam, now we just do this test).
Today I had the English one: we had to write two texts, each of 120 words; the 1st one was about our favourite TV programme (I wrote about House MD) and for the 2nd one we had to write a story beginning with "When the phone rang I was nervous"
(I wrote that a woman called me saying that she was from BBC and that she wanted to interview me, but then I would* find out it was just a joke and that Mrs. Sarah Babyoil was just a TTS software...)

And I also had an oral test about I Promessi Sposi...

Gotta go,
Sim.

----
* is this correct?

Thank you very much Anglika!

Dear friends,
this week we're having the "unified tests", 4 final tests (English, Latin, Greek, Math) which are the same in all the school (once the students of V Ginnasio had an exam, now we just do this test).
Today I had the English one: we had to write two texts, each of 120 words; the 1st one was about our favourite TV programme (I wrote about House MD) and for the 2nd one we had to write a story beginning with "When the phone rang I was nervous"
(I wrote that a woman called me saying that she was from BBC and that she wanted to interview me, but then I [STRIKE]would* find [/STRIKE] found out it was just a joke and that Mrs. Sarah Babyoil was just a TTS software...)

And I also had an oral test about I Promessi Sposi...

Gotta go,
Sim.

----
* is this correct?

You certainly are a very busy lad, Sim! When do you find time to relax????? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back