International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Dr. Azami Asli,
we were missing you so dearly!

I`m here with pretty good idea that Sud will teach me how to compose lovely brief verses like him !;-)

Vaya con Dios, Sim! Have a wonderful trip!

What can I say? ¡Gracias mi amigo!

I'm still sick (no, I'm not saying that I'm a kind of pervert :shock:) and I have lot to study.
Luckily I shall leave the day after tomorrow. I have to be near my school at 7 am (I shall be woken at 6-6.30 a.m.)... Alas, sleepy me!

Blessings and wishes,
Sim.

Hi guys (and girls)!

I'm leaving on Saturday: I'm having a 4-days school trip (Ravenna and Po's Delta).

I'm scared as hell!

I'm sure it'll be a disaster.

Today I saw a thing about Shakespeare in a little theatre. It was interesting and funny.
We'd been told we would go home after the show but, whilst we were still leaving the theatre, our teacher told us we were going to go back to school. We spent two hours doing nothing at school. :roll:

Oh, I almost forgot, I've started reading the Acts of the Apostlestoday.

It has happened to me once as well. At the senior high school that I was registered for, when I was a junior, they said that we were going to Tabriz museum off the cuff. Then in the museum we were told that the students would be free to choose whether they wanted to go home or get back to the school, but unfortunately they just compelled us to go to school while there was a few teachers who were not used to come to us even! So why did we get back?!! ;-)

Same asininity of principals!

What can I say? ¡Gracias mi amigo!

I'm still sick (no, I'm not saying that I'm a kind of pervert :shock:) and I have lot to study.
Luckily I shall leave the day after tomorrow. I have to be near my school at 7 am (I shall be woken at 6-6.30 a.m.)... Alas, sleepy me!

Blessings and wishes,
Sim.

Hope to turn the corner soon, lad! ;-)

You are still a traveller, so things will come happy!

Firiday is a very big day for Iranians! That is 'Nowrouz' (Also spelled Norouz, Narooz, Nowruz, Nowrooz, Nawruz, Newroz, Newruz, Nauruz, Nawroz, Noruz, Novruz, Nauroz, Navroz, Naw-Rúz, Nowroj, Navroj, Nevruz, Neyruz Наврӯз, Navruz, Navrez, Nooruz, Nauryz, Nowrouz, or Biram) that refers to the celebration of the traditional Iranian new year holiday of Newroz!

I'm going to set up the Haft sin table (A table including seven things starting with the letter 'س' that is equal to 's' of English alphabet.)

dsc09524.jpg

What a great pleasure to see you on! How you doing ma'am? ;-)

Oooooh , glad to see you too !!! How are doing ??? My lessons is hard - But I`m dealing with them ;-).
By the way , our relatives -from Iran- will come to us tomorrow.They are living in Ardabil - I think it`s not so far from Tabriz ?

Oooooh , glad to see you too !!! How are doing ??? My lessons is hard - But I`m dealing with them ;-).
By the way , our relatives -from Iran- will come to us tomorrow.They are living in Ardabil - I think it`s not so far from Tabriz ?

We are just 600 Km away from Ardabil!

Do you also celebrate Newrouz? :)

Firiday is a very big day for Iranians! That is 'Nowrouz' (Also spelled Norouz, Narooz, Nowruz, Nowrooz, Nawruz, Newroz, Newruz, Nauruz, Nawroz, Noruz, Novruz, Nauroz, Navroz, Naw-Rúz, Nowroj, Navroj, Nevruz, Neyruz Наврӯз, Navruz, Navrez, Nooruz, Nauryz, Nowrouz, or Biram) that refers to the celebration of the traditional Iranian new year holiday of Newroz!

I'm going to set up the Haft sin table (A table including seven things starting with the letter 'س' that is equal to 's' of English alphabet.)

dsc09524.jpg
Proof , We are celebrating Novruz too ! It`s great holiday for us !
HAPPY NOVRUZ to you !

Oooh , your table is seems great - But my Semeni is much higher than your - Do you understand what I mean by Semeni ?

Oooh , your table is seems great - But my Semeni is much higher than your - Do you understand what I mean by Semeni ?

Of course I understand you!

Semeni is a kind of dish prepared from the juice of germinating wheat! To be upfront with you, I hate Semeni! :-D

No , I don`t like it too much like you too.... By the way do you celebrating also - so called `Axir Charshanba`-making bonfire and so on...

No , I don`t like it too much like you too.... By the way do you celebrating also - so called `Axir Charshanba`-making bonfire and so on...
The answer is :
Yesterday (Tuesday) was a very special day in Iran! First, we had a fascinating firework, second we all made a lot of fun by firing a very big piece of huddled tree trunks and then started jumping over the fire while shouting 'My paleness is yours, your warmth is mine' (addresses the fire)!! :-D After the fire was extinguished, we started placing 3 cars as they made a triangle, so the most spectaculer part of our Charshanbeh-Suri bagan by us dancing and wiggling as a result of what was coming out of the car speakers all around! We all did a Tabrizian two-step dance first, and so we came to show everybody that we could do a Kurdish three-step dance immediately! ;-)

It was a very funny day and nobody will forget that ever!

P.s. we all could wrestle the cops onto the ground and they just withdrew from their position on attacking people due to a long-lived tradition of messing people up which were of course successful in doing that in the past years but this year!

P

It is called "Charshanbe-Suri" in Farsi! We celebrate it every year on the last Tuesday of year!

Oooh , excuse me - I didn`t have much time to look to previous posts !
So it`s great - I especially like coloured eggs !They are making me somehow happy in Novruz !

Oooh , excuse me - I didn`t have much time to look to previous posts !
So it`s great - I especially like coloured eggs !They are making me somehow happy in Novruz !

Hope to have a colorful Novruz, my good friend!

I got to go.

Say my special 'Bayramiz mubarak' to your family!

Bye

Hope to have a colorful Novruz, my good friend!

I got to go.

Say my special 'Bayramiz mubarak' to your family!

Bye

Good night P !
I wish same to you and to your family too.;-)

P, I certainly hope you do not burn your butt when you are jumping over the bonfire!!!!!!! That would be a painful experience!

A

Happy Friday, everyone

I'm happy to see Asli here again :-D

see you soon people!

Happy Friday to all.
I am missing BeReal, Proof and Dr. Asli, my timings are such that I am not able to interact with you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back