International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
I travelled 4 miles by car last week to see 'Atonement'! It was not worth the trip! :-(

Which is the most boring movie you have ever seen and have had to sit through it?

I don't know much about Roman warfare, but I do know that for you to get me, you must be an expert in roamin' warfare.

I'll make use of the acies triplex after the foreplay no matter where you're hiding

may I get that soup before I do battle now?

I'll make use of the acies triplex after the foreplay no matter where you're hiding

Of course. Te morituri salutant. Or words to that effect.

Which is the most boring movie you have ever seen and have had to sit through it?
'Alice's Restaurant', Nain! It was awful! To this day it is probably the only film that I really wanted to walk out of! I only stayed because my date thought it was wonderful! Needless to say, I never dated her again after that experience!

How about you? What loser did you sit through?

I'll make use of the acies triplex after the foreplay no matter where you're hiding Wait a minute...the Romans had foreplay before going to battle??!! Where do I enlist? ;-)

A

Let's see, for me it would have to be "where eagles dare." It may have been a good movie, had I known what was going on but to this day, I don't know what that movie was all about!!
And don't ask me what I asked my siblings after the movie was over!!

Latin? Pah! All I have to say to that is "Romanes eunt domus".

Well, don't say I didn't give you ample warning,my friend. :-D

Quo usque tandem abutere patientia nostra, homo nefarie,cui nomen est Stuart? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet ? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia intolerabilis tua?

by the way , even if it's Monty Python , dear , it's still grammatically wrong.

as for the question
The Fall of the British Empire

Well, don't say I didn't give you ample warning,my friend. :-D

Quo usque tandem abutere patientia nostra, homo nefarie,cui nomen est Stuart? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet ? Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia intolerabilis tua?

by the way , even if it's Monty Python , dear , it's still grammatically wrong.

Bea, I just love it when you speak Latin! ;-) Did you ever want to become a priest?

Of course. Te morituri salutant. Or words to that effect.

@StuartNZ
have you been found guilty and sentenced to death by doing battle in a" naumachia" to utter a sentence like that?
(since it's not the traditional greeting of gladiators,as commonly believed)

Last edited:
'Alice's Restaurant', Nain! It was awful! To this day it is probably the only film that I really wanted to walk out of! I only stayed because my date thought it was wonderful! Needless to say, I never dated her again after that experience!

It was a war movie "The Cross of Iron". The only movie where I heard a collective sigh from the audience at the interval.

Could'nt leave the theater because I had bunked school hostel and getting caught by school authorities would have been the worse punishment than witting through the movie.:)

Read any good books lately??

Bea, I just love it when you speak Latin! ;-) Did you ever want to become a priest? no,since they'd be denied access to the Internet
and I wouldn't want to plagiarize Cicero's Oratio Prima in Catilinam
I only adapted it to what the current situation asked for

sorry,I got carried away
Thanks for the soup ,StuartNZ

Now,I'll be off to plan warfare

@Nain
I read Jeffrey Deaver's as well as Tess Gerritsen's latest novels but you really wouldn't consider them "good books"

Do you think the world would have turned out to be a better place without all the wars of the past?

Last edited:
have you been found guilty and sentenced to death by doing battle in a" naumachia" to utter a sentence like that?
(since it's not the traditional greeting of gladiators,as commonly believed)

Didn't you just love it when Tony Curtis stood up and said "I am Spartacus!" and everyone else stood up after him and said the same thing? I loved that film! To this day I still drive my kids crazy when people ask me my name and I say, "I am Spartacus!" :cool:

Last edited:
This is terrible!!!:oops::-|:-|

More than 50 answers and here I am, missing all the fun!!!:silly:

One just can't take a Sunday off!!!:snipersm:

Well, I am a girl, too, jejeje, please note the "girl" part!!

Love from freezing Spain! (well, not as freezing as Germany, mind you!)

Hello Heidi. So much anger on this beautiful day for a beautiful "girl" is no good!!

Are we talking about gladiators?' Why? Has there been a fight?? ¡¡¡I love fights!!:lol::lol:

Well, I also loved "Gladiator", apart from Spartacus-amigos ( I don't know which one I like better;-)), of course.;-)

The scene, when almost at the end he turns round, in the arena, and tells the bad guy Maximus " I am ...., husband of...."

Jesus! I cried my eyes out when he begins seeing his wife and son...and his former lover tells him "go to them", ....I think I will cry some more....:cry:

Why? Has there been a fight?? ¡¡¡I love fights!!:lol::lol:

No, StuartNz just wanted me to take my greedy paws off Shal's gift.
So I mentioned foreplay as well as Roman warfare and that was that.
all peachy around here.

Hello Heidi. So much anger on this beautiful day for a beautiful "girl" is no good!!

Oh, thanks for the flowers, you certainly have a great imagination!:lol:

How are you today? I am sorry, I REALLY have to leave. You know, the swimming pool is calling.....

How about these swimming lessons we have talked about?

Anybody else would like to learn how to swim? I could form a group of willing people? I am a deep water diver (yes, I am soooo full of myself!!!:lol:) and really know how to swim.

Please, enlist: Shal is the first!;-)

Thanks, Heidi. Happy that you still remember. I will take the lesson as my birthday gift.
With Amigo's driving lesson, Nain's lollipops, DT's belly dance, Bea is left out. What is Bea's gift??

By the way, would you all mind telling me your birthdates? I'll send you great, fantastic gifts.

No, StuartNz just wanted me to take my greedy paws off Shal's gift.
So I mentioned foreplay as well as Roman warfare and that was that.
all peachy around here.

Well, I must say that warfare and foreplay should really be something different, no?:lol::lol:

Hmmmm, peachy, nice and soft......sounds.....¡¡¡boring!!:lol::lol:

Just joking, I can see that this thread is soooooo addictive.:cry:

(I MUST GO!!!) :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back