International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning guys
Weather here is being here very naughty. It is changing from hot, coudy, rainy to cold in a span of 24 hours. I prefer to call this doctors' business season.

Great dancing DT ;-)....but it looks more of hip dance than belly dance.:lol:

It differs from city to city. In Hyderabad, its presently 38 degree Centigrade.

What about your state, Amigo? does it ever get cool there?

Arizona is a large state, Shal. In winter some parts of the state are very cold and receive lots of snow! I live in the southern part of the state where it is predominately warm to super hot!

Hey, Nain! Did you call Devil's tear and reserve her belly dancing troupe for Shal's big birthday celebration? ;-)

Just in from clearing the path up to Main Street from ....snow.
Now,Amigos , what's today's special because I'm cold and hungry ? shoot...

We've got some thick vegetable soup leftover from our dinner tonight. Hot, hearty, VERY thick, and full of vegetable goodness.

Sometimes dont you think God is very unfair....it snows where it is cold and sun scortches where it is hot -- it should be other way around.....should snow here where we require it now and Bea would be happy to see Sun. :)

Sometimes dont you think God is very unfair....it snows where it is cold and sun scortches where it is hot -- it should be other way around.....should snow here where we require it now and Bea would be happy to see Sun. :)

When did you become such a profound philosopher, Nain? I am impressed! :up:

We've got some thick vegetable soup leftover from our dinner tonight. Hot, hearty, VERY thick, and full of vegetable goodness.
thank you very much, Stuart (curtsying as been brought up to do when offered vegetable soup)
I hope you don't mind my messing up this nice carpet with my boots :oops:

For Bea: I have Masala dosa here. Shall I parcel one for you?

I would definitely want it to snow here, to make a snowman and see what's so much fun about making a snowman.

I would definitely want it to snow here, to make a snowman and see what's so much fun about making a snowman.

I liked the one made by Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber."

NO!!! They're mine! The yummiest masala dosa I've ever had were cooked by a Malayali friend of mine, so you can tell Bea to keep her greedy paws off them.:-D

I like "Jack frost" the best. How long does it take to build a snowman and how long does it take to melt it down?

When did you become such a profound philosopher, Nain? I am impressed! :up:

Not profound.....just getting hit by lightening once in awhile....like good old Moses getting the "Ten Commandments" and then nothing ... poof ..... over ... period.:)

Not profound.....just getting hit by lightening once in awhile....like good old Moses getting the "Ten Commandments" and then nothing ... poof ..... over ... period.:)

Poor Moses died in Hollywood today! Very sad!

Poor Moses died in Hollywood today! Very sad!

Yes.

You will not believe that I travelled around 200 km by train, one way, skipped a wedding to watch this movie. It was worth all the trouble. He could have given a complex to the real Moses.

Yes.

You will not believe that I travelled around 200 km by train, one way, skipped a wedding to watch this movie. It was worth all the trouble

I travelled 320 km one way by bus to see David Lean's original 70 mm print of "Lawrence of Arabia" in its restored glory. It was worth all the trouble. As for Heston, I could never dissociate the actor from the NRA nutjob.

NO!!! They're mine! so you can tell Bea to keep her greedy paws off them.:-D

if you really,really want to mess with me , stuartNZ , :cool: just say the word and I'll be there ( since you are familiar with Roman warfare you know how I'll go about it )

Shal,darling,if you could possibly be so kind as to send one (stuartNZ won't be needing them by the time I'm done with him) - I'll have a nice little chocolate cake ready by the time it arrives

never mind the roaming , stuartNZ, although Rome wasn't built in a day I'll get you anyway :lol:

Last edited:
I travelled 320 km one way by bus to see David Lean's original 70 mm print of "Lawrence of Arabia" in its restored glory. It was worth all the trouble. As for Heston, I could never dissociate the actor from the NRA nutjob.
I travelled 4 miles by car last week to see 'Atonement'! It was not worth the trip! :-(

if you really,really want to mess with me just say the word and I'll be there , stuartNZ ( since you are familiar with Roman warfare you know how I'll go about it)

I don't know much about Roman warfare, but I do know that for you to get me, you must be an expert in roamin' warfare.

I don't know much about Roman warfare, but I do know that for you to get me, you must be an expert in roamin' warfare.

Don't mess with Bea, Stuart! She'll pray for you in Latin and then promptly kick your sorry butt without batting an eye!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back