International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , I watch Indian films_In fact , they`re so famous in our country .
But I don`t think I watched any of you indicated above...
Usually , I don`t know name half of films I watched ;-).

What is your favourite Indian movie, Asli ?
my favourite Indian movie is an old one called (Kabbi Khushi Kabbi Gham) ! do you know it ? everytime I watch it It movies me to tears :cry: >> it was a hit !!! :up:

No tears !!!No way !!!In fast I don`t like ones which ends up with tragedy !!! But you`re right about tears ;-).And I like modern ones much more !Also Old ones - for example , ~Zhita and Ghita ~ and so on...
I can`t remember all , if to say true I hadn`t watch one recently :-(.

I don't know that one :-? !!! kekekekeke

anyway, I have to leave soon cause I didn't sleep last night, I had a very long day and I slept for 4 hours only in the afternoon and I'm so0o0o0o tired :-(

I was a really hard day specially, the morning !!! :-?

Good night to You my Reality (and to me too) .

With hope to see all tomorrow - Sure Sud`ll begin first this morning , so want to say , Come to Cafe more frequently , pleaseeeeeeeee;-).

They are talking of "HINDI" films. I think I would watch the "Millionare Slum-dog", as it has been nominated for eight different categories for the "Academy awards"(Oscars).
India produces films in some sixteen languages which are official and some dialects which are as good as an independent language.
So, in the Middle-East Asia, it is the "HINDI" language film which is known as the Indian film. Contrary to belief, the regional language films, like those of "Kannada", "Tamil", "Malayalam", "Bengali" and "Gujarati" films which have more national awards in India then the "Hindi" language films.
Hope Dr. Asli and BeReal would watch these films in future to know about India.

I agree with Sudh. Eventhough you don't understand the language, you can feel the theme. Specially the old movies were really meaningful.
Eg: Chandramukhi Pranasakhi

I agree with Sudh. Eventhough you don't understand the language, you can feel the theme. Specially the old movies were really meaningful.
Eg: Chandramukhi Pranasakhi
Please give the language and director/actor of the abov film.
And how are you doing "ek packet mein panch gilas" RASNA!

A very nice movie
Acted by: Ramesh, Prema (Chandramukhi) & Bhavana (Pranasakhi)
Music & Songs: K. Kalyan
Direction: Seetharam Karanth.
Year of release: 2001

I believe the above film is a "KANNADA" film from the state of Karnataka, the mother tongue of Rasna.

I like few films from the same language, which are all time CLASSICS:
A) ONDANANDU KALDALLI
B) HUMSAGEETHE
C) KAADU
D) VAMSHAVRUKSHA
E) CHOMMAN DOODI
F) GODHULI

I would like to add HIT movies viz.

1) BOOTHAIAH MAGA AYYU
2) DEVATHA MANUSHYA
3) BANGARADA MANUSHYA
4) BHAGYAMANTHARU
5) APTHA MITRA
6) MY AUTOGRAPH
7) MILANA
8) GURU SHISHYARU
9) GALIMATHU
10) SAMPATHIGE SAVAL

I believe the above film is a "KANNADA" film from the state of Karnataka, the mother tongue of Rasna.

Yes, it is a Kannada film.

I would like to add HIT movies viz.

1) BOOTHAIAH MAGA AYYU
2) DEVATHA MANUSHYA
3) BANGARADA MANUSHYA
4) BHAGYAMANTHARU
5) APTHA MITRA
6) MY AUTOGRAPH
7) MILANA
8) GURU SHISHYARU
9) GALIMATHU
10) SAMPATHIGE SAVAL
I would sure add the above movies to my must watch list. My sister is visitng me here from Bangalore and I am sure going to give the list for getting CDs for same.
I would also like to inform other readers, that RASNA has forgotten to tell you again that these are all KANNADA films.
And the correct name for the fourth films is
4) BHAGYAVANTHARU.
I remember another good film : ACCIDENT to add to the list.
The above all films which I and RASNA have quoted, are dubbed as Art films, and are not commercial "Masala"(spicy/formula) films.
Happy watching,
Cheers(amigo style)

SUDHKAMP

Hi sudh,

Pl. tell your sister to get "Chandramukhi Pranasakhi" without fail.
Happy viewing and comment on the movie after watching !!

Cheers (My style of salutation too)
Rasna

They are talking of "HINDI" films. I think I would watch the "Millionare Slum-dog", as it has been nominated for eight different categories for the "Academy awards"(Oscars).
India produces films in some sixteen languages which are official and some dialects which are as good as an independent language.
So, in the Middle-East Asia, it is the "HINDI" language film which is known as the Indian film. Contrary to belief, the regional language films, like those of "Kannada", "Tamil", "Malayalam", "Bengali" and "Gujarati" films which have more national awards in India then the "Hindi" language films.
Hope Dr. Asli and BeReal would watch these films in future to know about India.

Good Afternoon to Everybody !!!
And thanks for Sud and rmsh16 about giving information about Indian films .And I think I must to watch one before I`ll back in University again.
Though , I like modern films , But I agree with rmsh16 - The old ones are more meaningful !
Hope to see you all sooner ;-).

Good Afternoon to Everybody !!!
And thanks for Sud and rmsh16 about giving information about Indian films .And I think I must to watch one before I`ll back in University again.
Though , I like modern films , But I agree with rmsh16 - The old ones are more meaningful !
Hope to see you all sooner ;-).

Yes, it true that the old movies are more meaningful than the modern movies. I am not saying that the modern movies are bad but in most of the cases it is like a "old wine in a new bottle"

I think when you are talking of old movies or old songs or old music, then you are referring to only those old movies/song/music, which have been popular throughout times, and most of the old things have been forgotten. The "oldies" consist of a collection of "hits" and "populars" for last 50 to 60 years, while the "latest" consists of "all sorts of songs produces in immediate past 3 years". So, the time has already made a qualitative selection in the "oldies". Some of the latest hits are sure going to join the "Good Oldies" a few years later.
So, it is an unfair comparison. And more due to nostalgia.

Hello , Sud , how are you - I just passing by and saw You ,pity I can`t stay here so much now - I must to go.........But you`re now here ;-).
And about oldies I just was saying they`re more popular among people , because of their topics or means ...Anyway , see you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back