International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy weekend to everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the New Year!

How many have already made the mistake of writing a check with the '2008' entry for the date? :)

That's great SUDH! March 1, 2009 is going to be a great day! :)

Who would like a nice cup of chicken noodle soup?

Almost 500 pages. Can i come in and say somthing here?:)
Hi, samansa! Welcome to the International Cafe'! We take great pride in being the friendlist place to visit in the forums! :up:

You may share anything you'd like to share with us!!! ;-)

Cheers,
Amigo

:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:

Hi, samansa! Welcome to the International Cafe'! We take great pride in being the friendlist place to visit in the forums! :up:

You may share anything you'd like to share with us!!! ;-)

Cheers,
Amigo

It's cool.:-D

:hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi::hi:
:sleeping: Really subtle, RonBee!
What are you doing up so far past 3???????? ;-)

Damn! Simosito is off on ANOTHER holiday adventure!!!! Doesn't the lad ever stay home??????

I'm home now :lol:

1- What is 'i' at the begining of the special name, Barcelona?
2-What is the difference between Italian and Spanish languages in general?
3- Which one is hard to be understood by foreigners?

Thank you, my lad! :-D

Thank you (again) for answering my questions.
I'll now answer yours.

1) It is an exclamation point. In Spanish both "!" and "?" are written twice. First they write them upside-down at the beginning of the sentence the want to be read as a question or an exclamation, then the put the "normal" ones at the end of a sentence.

Example:
Hi!, how are you?
¡Hola!, ¿Como estás?

2) Being both neo-Latin languages they have words in commons. Nevertheless some words are faux-amis. In Spanish salir means "to exit", in Italian salire means "to go up". Caña is the name of the glass used for the beer, in Italian it is written cagna and is the name of the female dog.
And so on...

3) Probably Italian is harder for its grammar (and some long words have weird accents too) but in Spanish there probably are some sounds difficult to be recognased (j and g, c and s).

I think both of them are difficult, more difficult if your 1st language is not derived from Latin.

Welcome back, Sim! We missed you!

Do you return to school on Monday?

How was Barcelona? Did you stroll Las Ramblas? Better yet, did you find a beautiful Spanish lass to keep you company? :)

Cheers,
Amigo

School will begin on 7 January.

Barcelona was really interesting.

Hi again guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's exam was perfect .. I liked it :-D:up:

Thanks for your support !!!!

and see you soon ;-)

I'm just get well from sick.

So happy! :lol:

More Spanish lessons!

;-)

That's great SUDH! March 1, 2009 is going to be a great day! :)

Who would like a nice cup of chicken noodle soup?
I knew it amigso you are bound to take advantage of that confusion(telepathy)!;-)
In India we use the dd/mm/yyyy format and you Americans use the mm/dd/yyyy format. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back