Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last night, I saw an ant moving food on the door and the food was his half size. I couldn't imagine if I needed to move a thing my half size and scaled up a door without any assistance. If all those insects became a human size, I believe they could beat us easily. Mosquitos could kill us by only one suck.

Last edited:
Last night, I saw an ant moving food half its size on the kitchen door. and the food was his half size.
The reason I added "kitchen" is because you used "the door".
I couldn't imagine how I could do it if I needed to move a thing my half my size and scaled to scale up a door without any assistance. If all those insects became human size, I believe they could beat/overwhelm us easily. Mosquitos could kill us by only one suck.

I don't think what mosquitos do is called sucking.

Insects have exoskeletons. They are built differently than us.

Last night, I saw an ant moving carrying/dragging a piece of food half its size on the up a door. and the food was his half size. I'm sure I couldn't imagine if I needed to move a thing carry/drag something half my half size and scaled up a door* without any assistance. If all those insects** became a (no article here) human-size, I believe they could beat [really] hurt us. easily. Mosquitos A mosquito, for example, could kill us by with only one suck bite.
*It's odd to even try to imagine, as a human, carrying something vertically up a door. It doesn't matter what size the thing is, you're not Spiderman so you can't walk vertically up a door!

** All what insects? You've only mentioned ants up to this point.

*It's odd to even try to imagine, as a human, carrying something vertically up a door. It doesn't matter what size the thing is, you're not Spiderman so you can't walk vertically up a door!
At that moment, I really thought about that. :ROFLMAO:
** All what insects? You've only mentioned ants up to this point.
I was thinking about all insects in the world.

At that moment, I really thought about that. :ROFLMAO:
At what moment? As you were writing it? In that case, you still had time to change it. If you meant "Just as I read your response, I thought about that", then that's what you need to say.
I was thinking about all the insects in the world.
In that case, you should have said "If all the insects in the world, ...". Using "these" was wrong.

At what moment? As you were writing it? In that case, you still had time to change it. If you meant "Just as I read your response, I thought about that", then that's what you need to say.
I meant when I saw the ant, I was thinking If I were the ant but as a human.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back