Diary - Last night, I watched two episodes of the series Supernatural.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last night, I watched two episodes of the series "Supernatural". In terms of the plot, there were some things that doesn't make much sense to me. In the hook man episode, a couple drove to a remote area, and they heard strange, loud noises. The guy came out of the car to check what was going on. That part stroke me as weird. Who would have come out of the car in this situation? They should have left immediately! If a tire were punctured, the going out would have made much more sense. Another episode is related to a psychic. Sam and Dean were after their father. They asked the psychic if she knew anything about his whereabouts. She was able to read Dean's mind when he was trying to cuss. However, at the end of the show, when the father appeared at the psychic's home, she asked him "Why don't you go talk to your children?" If she knew everything, why did she ask?

Last night, I watched two episodes of the series "Supernatural". In terms of the plot, there were some things that doesn't make much sense to me. In the hook man episode, a couple drove to a remote area, and they heard strange, loud noises. The guy came out of the car to check what was going on. That part stroke me as weird. Who would have come out of the car in this situation? They should have left immediately! If a tire were punctured, the going out would have made much more sense. Another episode is related to a psychic. Sam and Dean were after their father. They asked the psychic if she knew anything about his whereabouts. She was able to read Dean's mind when he was trying to cuss. However, at the end of the show, when the father appeared at the psychic's home, she asked him "Why don't you go talk to your children?" If she knew everything, why did she ask?
I have marked the parts that need to be fixed. In answer to the question in your final sentence, the psychic was suggesting that the father should do that.
You'll often hear that in English:
Why don't you get some sleep?
Why don't you buy a better car?
Why don't you alert the authorities?

Those are suggestions, not actual questions requiring answers.

don't
Hook Man
If a tire were punctured, the going out would have made much more sense.
If a tire had been punctured, the going out would have made much more sense.

struck

In answer to the question in your final sentence, the psychic was suggesting that the father should do that.
You'll often hear that in English:
Why don't you get some sleep?
Why don't you buy a better car?
Why don't you alert the authorities?

Those are suggestions, not actual questions requiring answers.
I see. :ROFLMAO: I thought she was asking a question because the father answered "I can't".

I can't find the problems of other mistakes.

This is the first time I've seen "going out of a car". I would say he got out of the car. (Presumably to investigate the sounds.)

This is the first time I've seen "going out of a car". I would say he got out of the car. (Presumably to investigate the sounds.)
He didn't care much about his car. He got out and shouted around.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just "shouted". Or "hollered".

Maybe you mean that he looked around while he shouted.

He probably should have been more careful. How did he know it wasn't a bear making those sounds?

Last edited:
I can't find the problems of fix the other mistakes.
"another" ---> "the other".
"is related to" ---> "is about".
"were after" ---> "were looking/searching for".
"cuss" ---> "guess".

Just "shouted". Or "hollered".

Maybe you mean that he looked around while he shouted.

He probably should have been more careful. How did he know it wasn't a bear making those sounds?
I don’t remember the scene very well. He was trying to shout at different directions to call out the things that was making the noises.

I don’t remember the scene very well. He SHOUTED IN different directions to call out the things that WERE making the noises.
Did he get eaten by a bear? 😊

Back