Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last night, when I was talking with my mum in her room, a bug flied in onto the lamp. I went out to the living room and she tried to get it out. After a few seconds, she came out nervously and said her retina had detached because she saw green and orange shadows. I asked her what she had done, and she said after brushing the bug on the lamp away, she saw the shadows. I told her they were just after-images. And I was correct. they disappeared after one to two minutes.

Last night, when I was talking with my mum in her room, a bug flied flew in onto and landed on the lamp. I went out to the living room and she tried to get it the bug out [of her room]. After a few seconds, she came out nervously and said worriedly that she thought her retina had detached because she saw could see green and orange shadows. I asked her what she had done had happened, and she said that after brushing the bug on off the lamp, away, she saw starting seeing the shadows. I told her they were just after-images no full stop here and I was correct. They disappeared after one to or two/a couple of minutes.
See above. What were they after-images of?

Lamps don't leave images on your retina. An illuminated lightbulb inside a lamp might. You didn't actually say that the bulb was switched on! Saying that the bug landed on the lamp simply means it landed somewhere on it - the shade, the base, the stand etc.

Back