Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last night, a centipede appeared at my room and I was scared to death. I don’t understand why it would happened. The most frightening thing is, according to some online sources, centipedes usually appears in a pair. I couldn’t find the other one last night but I still went to bed because it was said that centipede’s toxicity can’t kill human.

Last night, a centipede appeared at my room and I was scared to death. I don’t understand why it would happened. The most frightening thing is, according to some online sources, centipedes usually appears in a pair. I couldn’t find the other one last night but I still went to bed because it was said that word missing here centipede’s toxicity can’t kill word missing here human.
Up to now, I have simply made corrections to your posts and hoped you would learn from them. I'm taking a different tack now (because your English is pretty good). In the quote box above, I have marked up or made comments in red and bold. Now it's time for you to try and fix it yourself.

Revised:
Last night, a centipede appeared in my room and I was scared to death. I don’t understand why it happened. The most frightening thing is, according to some online sources, centipedes usually appear in a pair. I couldn’t find the other one last night but I still went to bed because it was said that a centipede’s toxicity can’t kill a human.

@Maybo. That's more like it! Well done. I'm sure that if you'd taken the time to go over your original post before submitting it, you'd have spotted at least two of those errors yourself.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back