Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Yesterday I watched a tv show "Luther(S2E4)",and there were some sentences i couldn't understand.Here i 'll explain the context.Luther's underling policewoman thought he had done something dirty which he took advantage of his police duty.When she planed to report what he was doing,the evidence was destroyed,and she said :
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig and still it was impossible to tell which was which.
who can help me with this sentences,waiting for ur answer,thanks!!!

It comes from the book Animal Farm, where the animal revolt against their human master and take control, with the pigs as the leaders. By the end of the book, the pigs have become so corrupt that they are the same as the humans. The police here are behaving like criminals, so it is hard to tell the difference between corrupt police and the people they are supposed to be catching.

It comes from the book Animal Farm, where the animal revolt against their human master and take control, with the pigs as the leaders. By the end of the book, the pigs have become so corrupt that they are the same as the humans. The police here are behaving like criminals, so it is hard to tell the difference between corrupt police and the people they are supposed to be catching.

But I think the Orwell quote was a joke, playing on the word 'pig' as slang for 'policeman'.

b

Good point- I missed that. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back