Member Type
Other
Native Language
Galician
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Antilles
Can anyone help me check to see if there are any grammatical errors or awkward sounding phrases or expressions in this sentence which I wrote myself.
I would appreciate any help I can get.

"We are not the creatures that conform to the way of animal kingdom reacting only to the prey clearly visible in front of our eyes, but rather ones that react to the invisible dream in which we can stretch the imagination to its very end by picturing it in our heads."

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me check to see if there are any grammatical errors or awkward sounding phrases or expressions in this sentence which I wrote myself.
I would appreciate any help I can get.

"We are not the creatures that conform to the way of the animal kingdom that reacts [STRIKE]reacting[/STRIKE] only to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] its prey clearly visible in front of [STRIKE]our [/STRIKE] their eyes. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] Rather, [STRIKE]ones that [/STRIKE] we react to the invisible dream in which we can stretch [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE]our imagination to its very [STRIKE]end[/STRIKE] limit by picturing it in our heads."

Thank you.

Nice thoughts. A few suggestions.

"We are not the creatures that conform to the way of the animal kingdom that reacts reacting only to the its prey clearly visible in front of their eyes. but Rather, we react to the invisible dream in which we can stretch our imagination to its very limit by picturing it in our heads."

I have a question:

Why are both the singular(blue) and plural (red) used with 'animal kingdom' in the sentence?

"We are not creatures that........,but rather ones that react...."

I really want to keep this structure as it is, if possible.

Is it ok, or must it be changed?

Last edited:
"We are not creatures that........,but rather ones that react...."

I really want to keep this structure as it is, if possible.

Is it ok, or must it be changed?

It is not wrong but awkward. The sentence becomes too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back