International Café

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy weekend to all.....

Happy to see you back Sudh. How are you & your family?

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo everybody , I've missed you all ...

Busy days , but hope to talk to you very soon

Sudh , wellcome back.

Hello Rania, Simosito and Rasna, I am doing well. But my mother and my niece are in a shock and I have to look after them, but God and your good wishes have given enough strength to face the situation.

By the way the 2nd number of my wonderful newspaper is out!
I found out that it had been published when a class-mate of mine wrote, as personal message on MSN, "CATS ARE NOT ATARAXIC", criticising my very article (well, one of the 3 I wrote this month) of page 1.

Cheers,
sim
Hi, Sim!

What was the basis for your classmate's criticism of your cats article? Was the classmate's position 'pro' or 'con' cats?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi, friends, teachers, mates!

How are you doing?

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR GUYS ! ! !

:up: :up: :up:

Hi jomo!!

Happy chinese new year for you too ;-)

Happy Saturday everyone !!

Hi, Sim!
What was the basis for your classmate's criticism of your cats article? Was the classmate's position 'pro' or 'con' cats?

Cheers,
Amigo

She says that cats are not ataraxic, so her point of view is the opposite of mine.

I don't know what she thinks about cats, but I'm pretty sure she consider them non-ataraxic.

Hi Sim, Nice to see you !!!

have a herbal tea 'in a cup' on me ;-)

herbal_tea.jpg

Enjoy :cool::up:

No, Rosemary was not invited to the tea party??? :) :)

How are u all guys?
hope you all are fine

How are you br i miss you dear:cry:

and sweety devil's tear? how are u :-D
I'm praying for you honey

and Rania i miss you too??
hope to see you soon

Hi guys!
Happy Sunday!

Yesterday I talked about this article I wrote which wasn't appreciated by a classmate of mine. I now post here a rough translation of it.
Hope you'll enjoy it.

The following article was published on "Il Tasso Parlante" in January 2009 on page 1 as Editorial. Text written and translated by Simone Ramacci also known as Simosito.

When some "external" guys, who can't understand its meaning, asked me why I was working this hard for the newspaper, I did not know what to answer.
I asked it to myself. Then I forgot that I'd done it. And today, whilst I was looking for something to write, I remembered and understood.
I had always thought we should try to act, if possible, like cats.
I was looking for a feline ataraxia, a way of living happily, with detachment but without losses.
It looked to me, then, really illogic this new and sudden editorial challenge, to fill the gap of scholastic information, I, I was trying to do that? I ought to be crazy.
Then I understood I had to, not only to fulfil a pathological need of writing, not to satisfy my journalistic velleities, but because I liked, and I like, it too much.
I think about this now that we got to number two, a goal which seemed impossible few months ago.
I can't live without this new exciting, stunning routine.
Is just great to have the possibility to cooperate to this journal's management, a journal that is democratic and autonomous (maybe without money collection any more, yet again thank to everybody who helped).
For nobody reads editorials (nor do I, really), I decided to commit to this very page my gratitude for everybody that had given me the opportunity to spend afternoons lay outing, to walk in the rain walking 700 copies of the journal, to notice too late a funny typo.
Thanks to everybody, readers, writers and guys that, following not my November advice*, had threaten our best fans, who didn't know to be fans yet, with a flick knife.
I close with a promise: I will never write a honey-editorial again and, to be sure not to do this, I swear I will respect the deadlines myself.

----
See my first editorial (translated)

ENJOY! (And do please correct my errors)

Hi, friends!

Good day!

Yesterday I talked about this article I wrote which wasn't appreciated by a classmate of mine. I now post here a rough translation of it.
Hope you'll enjoy it.

The following article was published on "Il Tasso Parlante" in January 2009 on page 1 as Editorial. Text written and translated by Simone Ramacci also known as Simosito.

When some "external" guys, who can't understand its meaning, asked me why I was working this hard for the newspaper, I did not know what to answer.
I asked it to myself. Then I forgot that I'd done it. And today, whilst I was looking for something to write, I remembered and understood.
I was looking for a feline ataraxia, a way of living happily, with detachment but without losses.
It looked to me, then, really illogic this new and sudden editorial challenge, to fill the gap of scholastic information, I, I was trying to do that? I ought to be crazy.
Then I understood I had to, not only to fulfil a pathological need of writing, not to satisfy my journalistic velleities, but because I liked, and I like, it too much.
I think about this now that we got to number two, a goal which seemed impossible few months ago.
Is just great to have the possibility to cooperate to this journal's management, a journal that is democratic and autonomous (maybe without money collection any more, yet again thank to everybody who helped).
For nobody reads editorials (nor do I, really), I decided to commit to this very page my gratitude for everybody that had given me the opportunity to spend afternoons lay outing, to walk in the rain walking 700 copies of the journal, to notice too late a funny typo.
Thanks to everybody, readers, writers and guys that, following not my November advice*, had threaten our best fans, who didn't know to be fans yet, with a flick knife.
I close with a promise: I will never write a honey-editorial again and, to be sure not to do this, I swear I will respect the deadlines myself.

----
* See my first editorial (translated)

Nice work Simosito, keep it up.:up:

Hope you'll enjoy it.

----
See my first editolrial (translated)

I liked it Sim ;-) .. welldone !!:up:

26th January 1950 is one of the most important days in Indian history as it was on this day the constitution of India came into force and India became a truly sovereign state. In this day India became a totally republican unit. The country finally realized the dream of Mahatma Gandhi and the numerous freedom fighters who, fought for and sacrificed their lives for the Independence of their country. So, the 26th of January was decreed a national holiday and has been recognized and celebrated as the Republic Day of India, ever since.

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back