Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My mum has always wanted a garden because she can grow fruit trees and vegetables. I like the it too but every time when summer comes it beats the idea out of my head. The thought of surrounding by mosquitoes and other bugs is terrifying. I can't even bear the few mosquito bums I got recently. The only way to get a mosquito-free garden might be living in the Nordic.

My mum has always wanted a garden because so that she can grow fruits trees and vegetables. I like the it idea too but every time when summer comes, it beats the idea out of my head. The thought of surrounding being surrounded by mosquitoes and other bugs is terrifying. I can't couldn't even bear the few mosquito bums bites I got recently. The only way to get a mosquito-free garden might be living in the Nordic to go and live at the North Pole.
See above. Much as I love the idea that mosquitoes might have bums (bottoms, buttocks, asses!), I'm pretty sure you meant "bites". There's no such place as "the Nordic". I took a chance and guessed at the North Pole, but if you meant the Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands) you needed to say "to go and live in a Nordic country".

I'm pretty sure you meant "bites".
Yes. Actually, I want to say "buns", the round bread. They bit me and my skin puffed up like buns.:ROFLMAO:

I can't couldn't even bear the few mosquito bums bites I got recently.
If the puffed skin still exists, can I say "can't"?

Yes. Actually, I want to say "buns", the round bread. They bit me and my skin puffed up like buns.:ROFLMAO:
Well, I never would have guessed that. No one has ever described a mosquito bite as a bun and I'm sorry to tell you that that just doesn't work (not least because in the UK, not all buns are puffy!)
If the puffed skin still exists I still have swelling around the bite, can I say "can't"?
Yes, but I'd reorder the sentence and say "Even now, it's still swollen where I was bitten and I can't bear it".

Back