Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been watching horror series lately because I want to desensitise myself to them. I love watching them but it makes me scared to sleep at night without light on. Therefore, I'm trying to watch as much as I can to see if it works.

This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been watching A horror series lately because I want to desensitise myself to them. I love watching them but it makes me scared to sleep at night without THE light on. Therefore, I'm trying to watch as much as I can to see if it works.
Put a comma after "them' (second sentence).

Why? Why do want to scare yourself?

You do know that stuff might give you nightmares, don't you?

Put a comma after "them' (second sentence).

Why? Why do want to scare yourself?

You do know that stuff might give you nightmares, don't you?
It's because I love horror stories. :ROFLMAO: I remember many years ago, I went to see the dentist every month for my braces. At first, I was very scared, but later on, I got used to it. Therefore, I think my tactic for horror dramas might work.

OK. I think you enjoy the tension, the drama, and maybe even being scared (a little). Have you seen any of the Chuckie movies?

OK. I think you enjoy the tension, the drama, and maybe even being scared (a little). Have you seen any of the Chuckie movies?
Yes. They are not scary.:ROFLMAO:

It's hard to scare you. 😊

Your original "I've been watching horror series recently" is correct (I noticed that Tarheel suggested you had to put "a" before "horror series"). "Series" is both the singular and plural. The fact that you went on to say that you're trying to desensitise yourself to "them" makes it clear that you've been watching more than one series.

Back