Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
hellos,guys ,as a title, out of blue what is mean? thank you!

Hello. s,guys ,

As a title, what does "out of blue" what is mean?

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. Please look at the corrections I have made above. If you want to use a greeting at the start of your post, just say "Hello". We don't pluralise the word.

You must capitalise the first letter of each sentence.
There is no need to say "Thank you" in a post. You can thank us after we help you, by adding the "Thanks" icon to helpful responses.

Where did you see "out of blue" as a title? What was it the title of? Who wrote it? Can you provide a link or a screenshot?

I'm sorry! Actually.I want to know the phrase out of blue. What's meaning?

I'm sorry! Actually, I want to know the meaning of the phrase "out of blue". What's meaning?
Note my corrections above. The phrase "out of blue" does not exist. We use "out of the blue". Is that what you mean? What have you found when you look up that phrase online?

Out of Blue is a 2018 crime drama film, directed by Carol Morley, and stars Patricia Clarkson, Mamie Gummer, James Caan, Toby Jones, and Jacki Weaver.

Out of Blue is a 2018 crime drama film, directed by Carol Morley, and stars Patricia Clarkson, Mamie Gummer, James Caan, Toby Jones, and Jacki Weaver.
@lwy4558 Is this what you were referring to? If so, why didn't you tell us it was a film (movie) and why didn't you write it with the correct capital letters?

Note my corrections above. The phrase "out of blue" does not exist. We use "out of the blue". Is that what you mean? What have you found when you look up that phrase online?
Yes ,You are right. I want to know the meaning of the phrase "out of the blue".That it is ,It from the film "hope -gap".

@lwy4558 Is this what you were referring to? If so, why didn't you tell us it was a film (movie) and why didn't you write it with the correct capital letters?
Where are you come from? I'm chinese.

It's just an educated guess, but I'm about 90% sure that since it's a crime drama the "Blue" in the title refers to the cops (police).

Where are you come from? I'm Chinese.
Note my corrections above. As it clearly states in my profile, my home country is the UK. We know you're from China because it says so in your profile information under your avatar. I'm not sure why you asked this question.

Yes, you are right. I want to know the meaning of the phrase "out of the blue".
Note my corrections above. You can find the meaning of "out of the blue" on Google.
That it is ,It from the film "hope -gap".
The underlined part means nothing. Are you now saying the phrase comes from a film called "hope -gap"?

Before you worry about the meaning of specific phrases, concentrate on learning how to write English correctly. It's important to follow these rules:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with an appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Never put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always capitalise proper nouns (names, titles etc).

Note my corrections above. As it clearly states in my profile, my home country is the UK. We know you're from China because it says so in your profile information under your avatar. I'm not sure why you asked this question.

Note my corrections above. You can find the meaning of "out of the blue" on Google.

The underlined part means nothing. Are you now saying the phrase comes from a film called "hope -gap"?

Before you worry about the meaning of specific phrases, concentrate on learning how to write English correctly. It's important to follow these rules:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with an appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Never put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always capitalise proper nouns (names, titles etc).
Thank you for your advices!(y)

Thank you for your advices advice!(y)
Note that "advice" is uncountable so there is no plural. Also note that you don't need to write a new post to thank anyone. Put your mouse over the "Like" button to the right and "Thanks" is one of the options. Add that to any response you find helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back