Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
2:09

Did I understand him correctly?
...a waiter picked up the drinks menu, read from the drinks menu: "well, craft two local drafts..."

... flagged down a waiter, picked up the drinks menu, read from the drinks menu, went "Can I have two local drafts?"

Here, "went" means "said". The words "Can I have" are run together very fast (quite naturally, but they'll be hard for non-natives to make out).

... flagged down a waiter, picked up the drinks menu, read from the drinks menu, went "Can I have two local drafts?"

Here, "went" means "said". The words "Can I have" are run together very fast (quite naturally, but they'll be hard for non-natives to make out).
Does he pronounce I or just say can have? I set the speech to the minimum level but could not catch the sounds of I.

Last edited:
The BrE version is normally spelt draughts.
Good point. I think I've just become so used to seeing it spelled "draft" at local independent pubs and micro-breweries that it's just become second nature for me to spell it that way.

Does he pronounce I or just say can have? I set the speech to the minimum level but could not catch the sounds of I.
I mean that I cannot hear I but hear can (in its weak form) and have.

Back