Member Type
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

I would like to know the best formative assessments for ELL students online with more than 5 students? I think many of us were not prepared during the pandemic. I am curious to know what worked for everyone online.

Miranda

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean. What kind of assessments are you referring to?

I'm not sure what you mean. What kind of assessments are you referring to?
Sorry I should've clarified, I meant formative assessments if we had more than 5 students at a time.

At my school, there was no major difference in how we did things online. We tend to do weekly testing of grammar and vocabulary. The biggest challenge was in establishing equal test conditions for the students, which is not easy when everyone is in a different room.

What was your experience?

At my school, there was no major difference in how we did things online. We tend to do weekly testing of grammar and vocabulary. The biggest challenge was in establishing equal test conditions for the students, which is not easy when everyone is in a different room.

What was your experience?
I see. What are some examples of the test conditions? I help students with credit recovery courses using an online program. During the pandemic I only worked with one ELL student. I tried to modify some of the assessments by using reading passages instead of the multiple choice questions because a lot of the vocabulary was difficult to understand for them. I saw the results as the student returned from 2 years online to on campus. She understood academic language more than she did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back