Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Third Dose of Covid-19 Vaccine in Israel

Since July 30, 2021, more than a million fully vaccinated Israeli residents who were 60 years or age or older have received a third dose of the BNT162b2 mRNA vaccine. As of August 31, the rate of confirmed Covid-19 infection was lower in the booster group than in the nonbooster group by a factor of 11.3, and the rate of severe illness was lower by a factor of 19.5.

Source: New England Journal of Medicine (the page might specifically offer China while US might be blocked. See the screenshot below)
misspelling of nejm.jpg

Should "60 years or age" be "60 years of age"?It is for the first time I witnessed a grammatical mistake or typo in the introduction of an important original article on the homepage of the prestigious medical science magazine the New England Journal of Medicine, who is a global leader in the medical community.

Last edited:
Yes, it should be "60 years of age".

[STRIKE]It is for[/STRIKE] This is the first time I have [STRIKE]witnessed[/STRIKE] seen/noticed a grammatical mistake or typo in the introduction [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to an [STRIKE]important[/STRIKE] original article [STRIKE]on the homepage of[/STRIKE] in the prestigious medical science magazine the New England Journal of Medicine, [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] which is a global leader in the medical community.

emsr2d2

Spellchecks don't catch everything and rolling news requires constant updates.

emsr2d2This is the first time I havewitnessedseen/noticed a grammatical mistake or typo in the introduction ofto an important original article on the homepage ofin the prestigious medical science magazine the New England Journal of Medicine, whowhich is a global leader in the medical community.

The problem for "a typo in the introduction to an original article" without "on the homepage" is that the reader would misunderstand it to be a typo in the original article rather than in the piece on the homepage written by the editor.

The NEJM editor made the mistake.

My use of "introduction" might be misleading. I remember there is a particular word in English that describes such a piece. I just can't remeber the exact word for the time being.

Last edited:
Spellchecks don't catch everything and rolling news requires constant updates.

As I observed for a decade, the NEJM doesn't update its homepage that way like media do because it is serious science.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back