Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to International Café – your home away from home where informal discussions, entertaining games, and global sharing all come together in one location!

Come in and enjoy a cup of cappuccino -- or a cool soft drink --while you visit with other members of the UsingEnglish community!

International Café is open 24/7 and the fun never ends!

Visitors to International Café are encouraged to ask questions (“What is your favorite color”?), share personal comments (“I am happiest when I am with family and friends”.) , cite one of their favorite lines from a book or film (“Mirror, mirror, on the wall… who's the fairest of them all?”), challenge others to a game (“Can you name 3 world capitals that begin with the letter A?”), or simply use their wit to entertain others (“Love me…love my pets!”) The opportunities to share are infinite!

Guidelines for International Café are easy to follow:
* Questions and comments should be general in nature and designed to promote discussions among non-native English speakers.
* Vocabulary used should be non-technical, easy to understand, and not require excessive use of reference materials.
* Each post should be 25 words or less.
* Visitors may search for, and reply to, any of the previous posts in the thread. Feel free to jump in and post a new comment at any time.
* General discussions about the English language (‘Analyzing Language’, ‘Learning English’, and ‘English ESL Questions’) should still be posted as separate threads in the ‘Ask a Teacher Forum’.

The doors to International Café are now open -- come in and join the fun!

Hi, everyone!

I am Amigo and I live in Tucson, Arizona, USA. I would like to learn more about you and your country.

(Because this is the first reply to this thread, I am going to take the liberty of breaking the 25 word limit!)

I will begin the discussion by asking a general question for all to answer: Has spring arrived in your city or is ‘Old Man Winter’ still in charge of the thermostat in your home?

Best wishes to all for many enjoyable visits to the International Café!

Cheers,
Amigo

Amigos - are you looking for comments on the English?

Amigos - are you looking for comments on the English?

Not necessarily, Anglika! It is a general question designed to stimulate discussion among visitors to the thread! My dad always said that the safest thing to talk about when one is in a group setting is the weather! What safer way is there to start a new thread than by talking about the weather?

But, now that you mention the English, how is the weather in your part of the world? :)

Cheers,
Amigo

In that case I am moving this to General Discussion.

Weather - cold, snowy on and off, brisk wind, warm sun, lovely spring flowers out. Summer clothes have also already been observed - no sleeves, short skirts, t-shirts - aaaagh.:-D

Hi, Amigos
This is beascarpetta from Europe. Glad to hear you are down to beach wear while the weather over here hasn't quite made up its mind yet whether it's heading for spring or backpedaling to Ice Age 3.
Summer clothes seem too risky to even be thought of.

Thanks for the weather report, Bea! I have some long flannel jammies that I can lend you until the nip is out of the night air!

WOW amigos4
Hello hello. Hey man you are great. What a great thread. I'm a girl and I'm 22 years old. The weather is just hoter than hot. It's 45 here in my country. I speak belly dance language:loling:. Can I be the dancer of your Café?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'd invite peneloppe to dance with me:loling:.

WOW amigos4

Hello hello. Hey man you are great. What a great thread. I'm a girl and I'm 22 years old. The weather is just hoter than hot. It's 45 here in my country. I speak belly dance language:loling:. Can I be the dancer of your Café?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'd bring peneloppe to dance with me:loling:.

Hang on to your belly buttons, everyone! We have our first featured performer ready to entertain you in the newly opened International Cafe! Cue up the music, Heidita...it's time for the amazing Devil's tear! :lol::lol:

By the way, who is Penelope?

Cheers,
Amigo

Thanks for the weather report, Bea! I have some long flannel jammies that I can lend you until the nip is out of the night air!

Hi to everybody!

I'm Alireza from Tabriz, Eastern-Azerbayjan, Iran. I'm also so glad to meet you in International Café where seems to be absorbing to many people who come in to have a cup of cappuccino though I'm just in the vain of getting a cup of tea after I got through the first cup, if this Café allows me to make the order of tea.

Here is a little mild but tending to a rainy weather. The perdictions say this will be kept on to the next morning!

Cheers!

I'm Alireza from Tabriz, Eastern-Azerbayjan, Iran.

Cheers!
Hi, Alireza (AKA Proof)!

One cup of tea coming up for the man from Tabriz! (With or without lemon, Proof?)

Welcome to the International Café. Find a table, have a seat, and pick a subject that you would like to discuss! We're here to laugh, learn, and get to know our friends from the forums!

Enjoy,
Amigo

Hang on to your belly buttons, everyone! We have our first featured performer ready to entertain you in the newly opened International Cafe! Cue up the music, Heidita...it's time for the amazing Devil's tear! :lol::lol:

By the way, who is Penelope?

Cheers,
Amigo

Peneloppe is a Brazilian girl. She is great and she loves belly dance so much. I hope if she can share us.
Heidita girl please high music.:lol::lol:
See you soon.
th_bellydancer.gif

:-D​

Peneloppe is a Brazilian girl. She is great and she loves belly dance so much. I hope if she can share us.

Heidita girl please high music.:lol::lol:
See you soon.
th_bellydancer.gif

:-D​

Nice shoes, DT! ;-)

Cheers,
Amigo

Hello!!

This is Shal from India. Talking of weather, its very very hot here and its like sitting in an oven!! Sleeveless tops are the in thing and I don't see one person without a google on!!

Hello!!

This is Shal from India. Talking of weather, its very very hot here and its like sitting in an oven!! Sleeveless tops are the in thing and I don't see one person without a google on!!

Hi, Shal!
Does it ever get cold in India? What months are the warmest in India?

Cheers,
Amigo

Hi Amigo.

It does get cold but not so cold as when it snows in US. The cold season are November to February with coldest being December!! The hottest months are March and April (like now).

Hello!!

Hi Amigo.

It does get cold but not so cold as when it snows in US. The cold season are November to February with coldest being December!! The hottest months are March and April (like now).

How hot does it get in June-August?

Hello!!

I have to ask - what's a google, and how do you wear it?

How hot does it get in June-August?

It differs from city to city. In Hyderabad, its presently 38 degree Centigrade.

What about your state, Amigo? does it ever get cool there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back