Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Iran
Would you please proofread the following?

As a woman in Iran, I don’t have the right to choose how to dress. I don’t have the right to go to a stadium. I don’t have the right to ride a bicycle or motorcycle. I don’t have the right to sing or to dance. I don’t have the right to get a passport after getting married. That is, it would be my husband who decides whether to get a passport for me or not! I don’t have the right to travel abroad or even go out the home without his permission. But I’ve been given the right to vote in elections. Does this sound like a real election to you? It seems more like a dictatorship than a freedom to vote.

Would you please proofread the following?

As a woman in Iran, I don’t have the right to choose how to dress. I don’t have the right to go to a stadium. I don’t have the right to ride a bicycle or motorcycle. I don’t have the right to sing or to dance. I don’t have the right to get a passport after getting married. That is, it would be my husband who decides whether to get a passport for me or not! I don’t have the right to travel abroad or even go out [STRIKE]the home[/STRIKE] without his permission. But I’ve been given the right to vote in elections. Does this sound like a [STRIKE]real election[/STRIKE] freedom to vote to you? It seems more like a dictatorship than a freedom to vote.

See above. You are comparing the freedom to vote in an election rather than the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back