Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I didn't park my car carefully (middle red one), as you can see in the picture but at that time when I was parking, the white car wasn't there. Later when I walked by, I saw the white car and the driver in the car, he was playing with his phone. He looked at me and I thought perhaps I have parked my car too near his, I might have blocked him, so I asked him:

Did I block you?

Is the question natural? If he said "yes", I'll re-park my car and give him more space.

微信图片_20240504183029.png

Did I block you?

Is the question natural?
No. It would mean your car was in front of his car, and he couldn't move his car forward. It's odd if your car is still there and blocking his path.

Am I blocking your door? Is my car ...?
Am I too close? Is my car ...?

Is my car too close?

I didn't park my car carefully very/particularly well (middle the red one in the middle), as you can see in the picture but, at that time when I was parking parked, the white car wasn't there. Later, [when I walked by], I saw the white car. and The driver was still in the car, he was playing with his phone. He looked at me and I thought perhaps I have had parked my car too near his no comma here and I might have blocked him, so I asked him:

Did I block you?

Is the question natural? If he had said "Yes", I'll re-park would have re-parked my car and given him more space.

View attachment 5955
Note my changes above. As the others have pointed out, you can't have blocked him if he wasn't there when you parked. In all honesty, most people wouldn't do or say anything when they got back to the space - they'd just get in their car and leave (as long as they'd actually finished what they were doing). If I felt compelled to say something, I'd probably use one of the following:

Do you need me to move my car?
Have you got enough room to get out?

Well, he got out, so unless he crawled across through the passenger side, he presumably had enough room to exit. (Assuming those aren't right-hand drive vehicles.)

Though I do say it's fair to publicly shame Siverobama for that parking job. :ROFLMAO:It has created a domino effect, with the white car now squeezing the black/blue car next to it.

In real life I might be tempted to sling foul utterances.

Back