Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My mum once shared how she met my dad the first time. Many years ago, she was working in a restaurant as a waitress, and, one day, my dad dined there. My mum talked to him and asked him to buy some Coke because she liked to drink it. After a couple of weeks, my dad bought a box of Coke for her. My mum told me that she was very happy because her real intention was to resold it and got some money.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My mum once shared the story of how she met my dad. the first time. Many years ago, She was working in a restaurant as a waitress, and , one day, my dad dined came in to eat there at the restaurant. My mum talked got chatting to him and asked him to buy her some Coke because she liked to drink it it was one of her favourite drinks. After A couple of weeks later, my dad bought a box whole case of Coke for her. My mum told me that She was very happy because her real intention was to resold resell it and got some keep the money.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
While "shared" is not wrong, I would probably say: "My mom once told me about the time she met my dad."

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The Coke probably came in cans which are sold in cartons, unless they came in bottles, in which case, they are sold in cases.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The Coke probably came in cans which are sold in cartons, unless they came in bottles, in which case, they are sold in cases.
In the UK, anything that comes in a bulk quantity, regardless of whether the individual product is in a box, a can, a bottle, a jar, a carton, a pouch etc, comes (in wholesale/retail terms) in cases.