Votes: 54 29.3%
  • He looks innocent.

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • He looks hungry.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • He looks satisfied.

Votes: 32 17.4%

• Total voters
This time, I did not cheat:oops:. Got it right. Thanks a lot;-)

Also better without cheating. ;-)

tdol said:
Also better without cheating. ;-)
well, look at my face :-D don't you think that "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth?" j/k:lol:

I certainly do. ;-)

This is the first time I hear this idiom. I can't actually associate being innocent to butter not melting in one's mouth.

I thought if a person is not greedy, even if you put butter in his mouth (yuck)
it wouldn't melt.

Another thought, he is such a cold (unfriendly) person, even if you put butter in his mouth it wouldn't melt.

And I was all wrong...

light said:
This is the first time I hear this idiom. I can't actually associate being innocent to butter not melting in one's mouth.
I thought if a person is not greedy, even if you put butter in his mouth (yuck)
it wouldn't melt.
Another thought, he is such a cold (unfriendly) person, even if you put butter in his mouth it wouldn't melt.
And I was all wrong...

It is believed that this saying originated because butter melts in a warm environment. A person who is guilty but playing innocent is considered cool or even cold and calculating. So cold that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

hmm.. so this person is not really innocent but pretending to be innocent

Never heard about it , but I managed to guess the right meaning

I did well;-)

Well, I guessed wrong. :-( It's not one I am at all familiar with.

:-(

my first try and i was wrong...
i thought it was a person who is very hungry...why? because if you're really hungry and you're eating something...you'll swallow it even before the butter melts.hehehe

"Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth" refers to somebody who appears gentle or innocent while typically being the opposite.;-)

It is believed that this saying originated because butter melts in a warm environment. A person who is guilty but playing innocent is considered cool or even cold and calculating. So cold that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
Very good explanation.I heard this idiom first.With this explanation I learned the reason why it is said so. I thought 'guilty'.

I thought that meant somebody who really hungry. That make me think when something is so good to eat I sometimes here somebody who says something is eating by its self.

:-Dwhat in the world does this idiom really means????????? heard it first time....... but according to me, it may means he is innocent .......:shock:

:-Dwhat in the world does this idiom really means????????? heard it first time....... but according to me, it may means he is innocent .......:shock:
It is about appearances. Reread the explanations.

:)

That was new for me !! However I guessed right answer:cool:

Back