Wind or Windy?

There's a very strong ____ blowing.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is a subject so must be wind

Wind.... Is the right Answer :roll:

Here wind is a correct word.

Wind is a noun. Windy is an adjective. In your sentence, you are talking about something, an object, so it's "wind".

I chose "wind" because it sounds natural. ;-)

Wind because it is a noun :)

absolutly wind , :):):)

Strong windy blowing:lol: :lol: who would say that:?::shock:that Of course wind.

One can imagine a girl named Windy, who is strong.

Excuse me please. There is a strong Windy blowing on the door. May I let her in, sir? :lol::lol::lol:

Though grammatically correct, looks like a funny sort of nonsense.

Fortunately, we haven't got Windy as a person's name among the options.;-)

Last edited:
One can imagine a girl named Windy, who is strong.

Excuse me please. There is a strong Windy blowing on the door. May I let her in, sir? :lol::lol::lol:

Though grammatically correct, looks like a funny sort of nonsense.

Fortunately, we haven't got Windy as a person's name among the options.;-)

:lol::lol: Ohh....you made my day :D

And yeah the correct answer is "wind" even in Hungary :)

There is a very strong wind blowing = A very strong wind is blowing there, where 'wind', a noun, is the subject, which can't be an adjective such as 'windy'.

I think windy, because i see a girl name = Windy :roll:

[h=2]There's a very strong ____ blowing[/h]

The correct answer is Wind.
There's a very strong wind blowing.

I have searched about the meaning of "Windy" that means having a lot of wind.

On Google
dictionary has two meanings:

a. Windy: having a lot of wind
b. Windy: having some wind.

I voted in "windy" because that's correct xd

Which is the correct answer?
Both "wind" and "windy" are correct, but they have different meanings and usage.

1. Wind (noun): Refers to the natural movement of air in the atmosphere, especially a current of air blowing from a particular direction. For example: "The wind is blowing from the east."
  2. Windy (adjective): Describes a weather condition with a lot of wind or a location that frequently experiences strong winds. For example: "It's a windy day, so be careful with your umbrella."
So, which one to use depends on what you want to convey. If you're talking about the movement of air itself, use "wind." If you're describing the weather condition or a place with a lot of wind, use "windy."

Both "wind" and "windy" are correct, but they have different meanings and usage.
I think you failed to notice the question at the start of this thread. It asks which one is correct in the sentence "There's a very strong ________ blowing". Only one is correct so your statement that both are correct is wrong in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back