rajan

Member Type
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Once I was interviewed by the HR - manager for the position of Executive Assistant (EA) to the chancellor. During the interview, initially the HR - manager did not disclose that the position was for EA to the chancellor for which I was being interviewed. Before the interview, I just knew that it was for the position of EA.

Would it have sound natural or would it have been a correct sentence if I had asked him in the following way?

Sir, who requires the EA in your university for which I am being interviewed?

Last edited:
May I know who the EA ( the post I am applying for) works under?

You can still ask the.question if you are offered the job and before you accept the job.

@rajan. You edited your original post, making tedmc's reasonable question pointless. In future, please respond to such questions; do not edit posts after they have received a response.

@rajan. You edited your original post, making tedmc's reasonable question pointless. In future, please respond to such questions; do not edit posts after they have received a response.
I am really sorry that my post is still creating confusion. Actually before tedmc responded to my post, a few moderators asked me “what was EA”. Feeling sorry, I edited my post. Later, all those posts were also deleted by the moderators in order to avoid any confusion. But now tedmc is asking “who the EA”. I did not make any changes after reading tedmc’s response. Later I did make some changes but that was related to grammar and before tedmc’s response. So sorry, if it is still creating confusion. I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they said "What does EA stand for?" Or something like that. All you need to do is explain it the first time you use it

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back