Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
If I want a permanent RP British accent, do I need a teacher that coaches accents for actors? I’m asking because my current tutor is not able to teach students anymore

Possibly, but check them out carefully- I have seen some poor videos by some people claiming to train accents.

Possibly, but check them out carefully- I have seen some poor videos by some people claiming to train accents.
What’s a good way to find a legit one? I’m looking for a teacher in order to take Skype lessons. I found someone from gumtree website and he said he have 10 years of experience but I don’t know if I should choose him or look for someone else.

I would contact anyone you might be interested in and ask them for a 30-minute free trial lesson so that you can judge the quality and see if you get on. Not all teachers will do this but those who are confident of the quality of the lessons should offer you some kind of taster session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back