Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello,

Can I use "wine-soaked" in this way, as something one desires? Are these sentences okay?

What I need is to have wine-soaked intercourse with my wife. And then, a long, deep, wine-soaked sleep. To wake up wine-soaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's coherent. The phrase itself doesn't imply desire. The context does.

Are you fixing up some sort of shower to drench you with wine while you have sex?

No. I thought since they say wine-soaked sleep, I could say that, meaning you are drunk on wine while doing it! If that is not the correct word, what should I say?

How about wine-induced? I find the repetition of the same adjective boring.

I'm kind of practicing. I want to know if "wine-soaked intercourse" is possible in the first place. I mean in terms of collocation.

I'm kind of practicing. I want to know if "wine-soaked intercourse" is possible in the first place. I mean in terms of collocation.
I think it could work in the right context.

I think it could work in the right context.

Are there other options? I kind of feel like "wine-induced intercourse" is strange! And maybe it has a negative connotation. Maybe more appropriate for medical context.

No. I thought since they say wine-soaked sleep, I could say that, meaning you are drunk on wine while doing it! If that is not the correct word, what should I say?
Wine-soaked says it for me. Figurative, colorful, evocative.

Who are they?

Wine-soaked says it for me. Figurative, colorful, evocative.

Who are they?

I meant the people who use the term.

Can it be used as an adverb? Does this work?

I want to do my wife wine-soaked.

I meant the people who use the term.

Can it be used as an adverb? Does this work?

I've never heard anyone use it. We usually say drunk. Where did you hear it?

The sentence is grammatical. It's raunchy. Do you want it to be?

I've never heard anyone use it. We usually say drunk. Where did you hear it?

The sentence is grammatical. It's raunchy. Do you want it to be?

I heard the term "wine-soaked" on Youtube. I don't remember exactly where.

What do you mean by raunchy, Charlie? I don't have any intention. I want to see if it works as an adverb.

When you say raunchy, how can that be fixed? I mean if you mean it's of low-quality.

There's a disconnect between 'wine-soaked' which is flowery and 'do', which is a crude slang for sexual intercourse. As Charlie says, it comes across as blunt and vulgar. It's locker-room talk, and a direct synonym for f**k. It's just a euphemism for the more vulgar term.

I want to do my wife wine-soaked is just as coarse as saying "I want to f**k my wife drunk". Both are ambiguous anyway, because it's unclear who the person incapacitated by alcohol is - you or your wife. If the latter, that's potentially non-consensual intercourse, which again is horribly crass and potentially criminal. Again, something you'd expect to hear and see on some kind of adult film site or magazine, or college frat party.

Don't use this phrase. It just doesn't work on so many levels.

If you're trying for something romantic, perhaps something like 'wine-soaked lovemaking'. Now you've moved from Penthouse Forums to Harlequin Romance novels.

Last edited:
Does this work?

If you're wife is raunchy and fond of wine, then this will work for her. :drinking:

I heard the term "wine-soaked" on Youtube. I don't remember exactly where.

What do you mean by raunchy, Charlie? I don't have any intention. I want to see if it works as an adverb.

When you say raunchy, how can that be fixed? I mean if you mean it's of low-quality.
Skrej beat me to it.

Raunchy does not mean low-quality. Look it up again.

"Do my wife" is vulgar. "Wine-soaked" is poetic. Putting them together sounds highly unnatural.

I wanted to see if it could be used as an adverb. And honestly, I tried to avoid using the term "s*x" in this forum. I wanted ask if it's okay to say "have s*x wine-soaked" but this was a vain attempt to avoid using an explicit term and I used something worse!:oops:

I wanted to see if it could be used as an adverb. And honestly, I tried to avoid using the term "s*x" in this forum. I wanted ask if it's okay to say "have s*x wine-soaked" but this was a vain attempt to avoid using an explicit term and I used something worse!:oops:
Don't worry. We understand! There's a lot to learn with English. We have an old saying: Rome wasn't built in a day.

Don't use intercourse in that context. It sounds clinical. Use the verb phrase make love. It's romantic.

And honestly, I tried to avoid using the term "s*x" in this forum. I wanted ask if it's okay to say "have s*x wine-soaked" but this was a vain attempt to avoid using an explicit term and I used something worse!:oops:
"Having sex" is not an explicit term. That's the neutral phrase commonly used in places where vulgar or explicit terms may not be appropriate.

Can I say this?

He fell into a wine-soaked slumber.

I know it's not everyday language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back