Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Is it good to learn English by watching movies and listening to music?

I would say that watching films and TV programmes can be useful. Listening to music isn't necessarily a great idea because lyrics are often ungrammatical - they are written the way they are to fit the rhyme and rhythm of the song.

OH! Thank you for pointing it out! I thought that I can learn some native words through listening to music.
I didn't think about they would use some words in order to rhyme!! Now I know!

Oh, thank you for pointing it out. I thought that I [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could learn some [STRIKE]native[/STRIKE] [new] English words through listening to music.
I didn't think about the fact that they would use some words in order to rhyme. Now I know.

Note my corrections above. You used a total of five exclamation marks in your post. None of them was really necessary, and using two of them at the end of a sentence is definitely not required.

You can learn from listening to music, but remember that grammar comes second to metre in a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back