Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Are the following sentences correct and natural?

1. Watch out, a car will be crashed you if you play your phone on the street.

2. Watch out, there is a accident if you play your phone on the street.

Are the following sentences correct and natural?
No.
1. Watch out, a car will be crashed you if you play your phone on the street.
Watch out/Be careful. You'll crash if you play with your phone while driving.
2. Watch out, there is a accident if you play your phone on the street.
Watch out/Be careful. There'll be an accident if you play with your phone while driving.

5jj,
May I ask you a few questions?

My original ones, "a car will be crashed you if you play your phone on the street"

Is it something wrong? I have a few options, can you please point out which ones is correct or either ones.

A) My original sentence doesn't make any sense, because the driver doesn't crazy to crash me on the street.
B) My original sentence is grammictally correct but mean nothing?
C) Both of them aren't correct. Would you mind tell me your reason? Thank you.

The reason is that your original sentences don’t make sense, and A ), B) and C) don’t make sense, either.

5jj made a good attempt to interpret what he thought you meant.

Forget #2 for now. Go back to sentence #1. Are you talking to a driver or someone in the street (a pedestrian)?

Last edited:
Don’t just click ‘Thanks’, output — answer the question: driver or pedestrian, and we’ll go on from there.

5jj, May I ask you a few questions? Unnecessary.
You don't need to ask our permission to ask questions. That's what we're here for.
Is there something wrong with my original ones, "a car will be crashed you if you play your phone on the street"? Is it something wrong?
Yes. There are at least two things wrong with it:
1. "a car will be crashed you" is ungrammatical.
2. "if you play your phone" is ungrammatical. We don't play phones.
I have a few options. Can you please point out tell me/indicate which ones is/are correct? or either ones.
Note my corrections above.
A) My original sentence doesn't make any sense, because the driver doesn't crazy to crash me on the street.
The underlined part means nothing. For a start, "crazy" is an adjective so you can't say "doesn't crazy". Also, "crash me on the street" means nothing. We don't "crash someone".
B) My original sentence is grammictally grammatically correct but means nothing.
It is not grammatically correct. It also means nothing.
C) Both of them aren't correct are incorrect/wrong.
By "Both", do you mean "A" and "B"?
Would you mind telling me your reason?
I've explained above what's wrong with all your sentences.
Thank you.
Unnecessary. Don't thank us in advance. Add the "Thanks" icon to any response you find helpful.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back