English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello to fellow teachers!

I’ve been trying to find a curriculum/coursebook for adult learners (general and business) that fits the following requirements of mine:

1. Should be relatively modern and authentic with authentic video, audio and texts, but still calibrated by cefr/gse/ etc levels
2. Should emphasize vocabulary recycling throughout each course in the program.
3. (Optional, probably doesn’t exist) aimed towards tech workforce: software engineers, data analysts, QA engineers etc.

So far I’ve been only able to find programs that only satisfy one criteria or the other. For example, I find Oxford Wide Angle very up-to-date and contemporary, but I hate the vocabulary work they offer. New vocabulary is introduced once and only can be found in exercises in this particular unit.
A benchmark coursebook where vocabulary recycling is perfectly thought out is Oxford Inside Reading. The vocab is carefully built upon each unit and recycled abundantly in the following units, readings, exercises and prompts. But unfortunately, it is quite dated and is for academic purposes.

Thanks to all who responds!

Hello Anna

I'd say nearly all the big coursebooks satisfy the first and second requirements, but none at all satisfy the third. So just look at all of them and choose the one you like best.

You might want to edit your username, by the way. ;)

You were quick to notice the typo in my user name, yet didn’t read my post all the way through 🥹
I’ve gone through Wide Angle, SpeakOut, English File, StartUp, RoadMap - and others. And if you ctrl-f the target vocabulary, very rarely you find those words and expressions repeated somewhere outside the unit they were introduced.
So no, not nearly all😁
if you have concrete titles you deem worthy looking at - please list them.

There's no need to be rude to people trying to help you. I did read your post all the way through.

Often, the vocab is recycled in the extra materials sections, whatever and wherever they may be.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back