Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I'm trying to describe this bathroom.

6786786.jpg

Is this correct and natural?

Daneel had done Mrs Rodriguez's laundry, and was so tired. She then was told to clean the area around the pool in the yard that overlooked city's downtown. She stifled a yawn, looking out at the view. The city looked like a twinkling blur in the late August's evening haze. Daneel bent to scrub a stain off the edge of the pool, when dizziness washed over her. She lost her balance, and fell into the pool. Hearing her scream, Mrs Rodriguez came rushing towards the pool. She gave Daneel a blank look as she floundered in the water. The pool had been stagnant for a while and moss floated on the surface. The water tasted bitter on her tongue.
"What the hell are you doing, Daneel?"
"I'm so sorry. I felt a bit dizzy and fell in."
"It's alright. Come in and take a shower. Let me help you," said Mrs Rodriguez, extending her hand.

Daneel was led to a lavish bathroom upstairs she had never seen. The walls were clad in gorgeous white marble streaked with purple and burgundy veins. A travertine bathtub sat beneath a circular mirror backlit in a sumptuous yellow. To her left, concrete planters housed banana trees, giving the place a tropical feel. Through the massive leaves, she could see the city shine below an indigo sky.

Images of her own dingy, sad shower appeared in her mind as she turned on the faucet. Hot water came splashing out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back