Transcript to Speakout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to share the last version which I made using post #7 by Eckaslike. If you are learning English and struggling to understand native speakers you can use these notes.

Speakout Elementary Video Podcast Unit 8 Now

I love films. I love going to the cinema. I go at least once a week. How about you? How often do you go to the cinema?
- On average probably once a month.
- I like going to the cinema a lot but I probably only get there about once a month.
- Not very often but I do go occassionally.
- I get the cinema probably once or twice a month.
- I go to the cinema about once a week during the summertime usually when there are the best movies.
- We probably go together maybe onсe a fortnight.
- I go normally probably once every month, two months but it depends on the film.
-I go to the cinema about once a fortnight. Often I go on Wednesday because we get ‘buy one get one free’ cinema tickets, so I can take a friend with me.

I went to the cinema last night and saw a film called “The Proposal”. It was great. How about you? What was the last film you saw?
- The last one I saw was “Bruno” with Sacha Baron Cohen.
- The last film I saw was a series “Star Trek”, the most recent “Star Trek”, I mean “Star Trek 5”.
- We went to “Slumdog Millionare”. We enjoyed that a great deal. We’ve been to India a couple of times. We do a bit of travelling and we thought it was very realistic and brought back memories of India.
- The last film was a James Bond film “Quantum of Solace”. It wasn’t as good as the first version that this film was a sequel to, but it was still very good.
- The last film I saw was a film called “The Departed”. It was directed by Martin Scorcese and the acting which is absolutely fantastic you know.

What kinds of films do you like?
- I always like romantic comedies. “Slumdog Millionare” was a great movie. “Australia” was a movie I saw recently which was really good.
- I’d probably recommend the new “Terminator” movie. It’s once again full of action. Very exciting.
- I like old films. And I’ve a complete collection of John Wayne and Charlton Heston, and musicals. Anything that’s quite happy or adventurous that takes me away from real life. Those are the ones to watch.
- I saw “The Proposal” not long ago and I really liked it. It’s really interesting funny romantic comedy.
- “Sweeney Todd” I really enjoyed with Johnny Depp simply because he was fantastic and Helen Bonham Carter, one of my favourite actresses, was also very good.
-I’d recommend “The Graduate”. I enjoyed that as a young man and growing up as well, and maybe it’s coming of age film.
-My favourite film is “Goldeneye”. It’s a James Bond film and I think the action scenes are just absolutely fantastic in it.

Who is your favourite actor?
-John Wayne is my favourite actor.
- My favourite actor is the new James Bond, Daniel Craig. I think he’s very good at showing emotions in his films. My favourite actress is called Angelina Jolie. She’s very beautiful but she also played lots of different roles in films.
- My favourite actor is Johnny Depp because I think he’s funny. I think he’s lively and he always has energy on the stage.
- My favourite actor is Brad Pitt. He’s very good-looking and can play many different roles and he’s very talented. My favourite film star is Robert De Niro because I look like him.

Last edited:
The formating is better.

Title:

Slumdog Millionaire

Say:

If you are learning English and struggling to understand native speakers....

Say:

I go to the cinema probably once or twice a month.

(You got the next one right.)

Say:

The last film I saw was a Star Trek movie.

Say:

It was directed by Martin Scorcese, and the acting was absolutely fantastic.

Perhaps:

I have a complete collection of John Wayne and Charlton Heston movies on DVD.

Say:

I really enjoyed "Sweeny Todd" with Johnny Depp, because he was simply fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back