Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Tom was a star cook and the owner of a few restaurants, also mentioned in a Michelin Guide, but his reputation was tarnished when the media reported that he was paying many of his workers bellow the minimum wage. Tom didn't deny that and argued that he was not managing the Red Cross or some charity organisation but a business company. He didn't force anyone to work or him and he tried to treat everyone with respect. If he were such a bad employee, people wouldn't queue to work for him.

Perhaps:

Tom managed a chain of high end restaurants listed in the Michelin Guides.

Maybe Tom is a super cook. Maybe he can do that and manage a chain of restaurants too. But it's not likely.

Tarheel,

I don't know if you have heard about Jamie Oliver. He is one of the most known British cooks who had made a large amount of money by appearing on his TV shows. At one time, he had 25 restaurants in the UK, but eventually, they almost all closed down. His restaurants were too expensive for ordinary people, and when you have a choice to choose, you go the places where food is cheaper, although it is made by ordinary chefs.

Last edited:
I had never heard of Jamie Oliver before.

It is certainly true that most us cannot afford to spend $100 for a meal, and a lot of us (me included) would not know how to behave in one of those fancy places.

Perhaps:

Tom didn't deny that and argued that he was not managing the Red Cross or some charity but a business.

Below not bellow

How about Tom did not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back