Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I am talking about the time I spent while studying. I am not sure these sentences are correct and sound natural. Do they sound idiomatic?

1. I remember the time of my study. (Should I use"I remember the time of my studies?")
2. The time at school and in academy. Can I use "academy" without an article?
3. It was a good time.
4. After completing school I went on to Academy.
5. I studied there for four years. I think "for" is optional.
6. I found many new good friends.
7. Anyway I remember this time with warm feelings.

1. I remember when I was a student/when I was studying.
2. This isn't a complete sentence and I don't know what you're trying to say. Try again.
3. That's OK.
4. You need a comma after "school". You need an article before "academy" (lower-case "a") or the full name of the academy (correctly capitalised).
5. "For" is not optional.
6. Stick with "I found many new friends". They weren't good friends immediately - they would have gone on to become your good friends.
7. You need a comma after "Anyway". I'd use "warmly" instead of "with warm feelings".

1. I remember when I was a student/when I was studying.
2. This isn't a complete sentence and I don't know what you're trying to say. Try again.
3. That's OK.
4. You need a comma after "school". You need an article before "academy" (lower-case "a") or the full name of the academy (correctly capitalised).
5. "For" is not optional.
6. Stick with "I found many new friends". They weren't good friends immediately - they would have gone on to become your good friends.
7. You need a comma after "Anyway". I'd use "warmly" instead of "with warm feelings".
It was a maritume academy. Can I say?
2. I remember the time at school and in a maritime academy.

4. After completing school, I went on to a maritime academy.

Should there be an article before "school?"

That's OK.
That's OK.
No.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back