swap the phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this completely different? In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

Thank you.

I don't understand your question, but see above for what the sentence means.

Is not above clear enough that Is this completely different=Is this situation completely different from the one in which they exchange/swap phone numbers?

Thank you.

I understood the first bit. I don't know what you had in mind with In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

I understood the first bit. I don't know what you had in mind with In this this case, does one person's number belongs to another so that both have different phone numbers?

This is because of my poor English. I will clarify what I had in mind when I write it so would you put it into one of correct and natural forms.

In this case= The sentence using the verb switch.

Does one person's number= ( I think this is clear enough) When two person is exchanging their numbers, this is one of the numbers.

Belongs to another: (Misuse of -s in the question form). Person A have number 1 and so number 1 belongs to person A. Person B have number 2 so the number 2 belongs to person B. "One person's number" in "does one person's number" refers to one of numbers 1 or 2. "Does one person's number", say 1, belongs to another, then another refers to person B, become number of person B i.e number 1 has belonged to person B after the operation.

I hope I have explained better.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back