Sometimes I feel hesitant to kill a mosquito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I wouldn't apologize for not being funny. I would just try again. (Either right away or at some later time.)

Well, I did sort of apologize, but it was, I think, more of an explanation than an apology.

I suggest that you shorten everything. That is, shorter posts, shorter paragraphs, and shorter sentences.

(You could do worse than copy my style.)

Did you think that adding "to be" to the sentence improved it in some way? If so, how did you think it improved the sentence?

Did you think that adding "to be" to the sentence improved it in some way? If so, how did you think it improved the sentence?

I didn't think that would improve my sentence. I thought that adding "to be + v+ing" could make a continuous sense.

Well, the mosquito landed. The mosquito got swatted. The mosquito is dead and shall remain dead. We can move on now. (This thread is as dead as that mosqito.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back