some one busted in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Tetrahall was making a suggestion to the OP in the form of a question. :)
The question was "Is 'the' necessary?" I responded to that.

I understand, Tarheel. I guess I didn't make myself clear. :) I meant that that was Tetrahall's way of saying "It isn't necessary" (the same thing that you said). He was asking a rhetorical question.

Oh well I guess I shouldn't be replying on Tetrahall's behalf. 😀

The vagaries of text.

@Barque I probably thought that was a question by the OP, not one directed to the OP.

Oh well.

It's not a good idea for any of us to presume to reply on behalf of others.
Agreed and apologies. Got carried away.

During the last learning experience, I gained so much knowledge, especially on how to correct my previous errors concerning spacing among sentences.
I took a review of the comments above and copied the most of them on my notebook.
I got stuck with the first sentence I wrote: “ I came across with an expression at today’s lesson but I can’t find the definition in any dictionaries or on Google.”
Can I use find out the definition in the place of find?
Many thanks.

So the final edition should be: I came across an expression in today’s lesson but I can’t find the definition in any dictionaries or on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back