Scheduled Forum Maintenance This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just click the reply button on the bottom right of the post you're replying to ;-)
Thank you! I never would have figured that out!
Now, how do I only do a partial quote that I want to include in my new post. I don’t want to include the entire quote.

I just delete the part I don't want.

I just Delete the part I don't want.
I assume that I will then be able to correct the mistakes that I find in the previous post. Correct.

There have been quite a few small glitches but, considering the potential problems involved, I think the whole migration has gone very smoothly indeed. It must have involved a lot of work, and stress. Very well done, Red5, and thanks.

There have been quite a few small glitches but, considering the potential problems involved, I think the whole migration has gone very smoothly indeed. It must have involved a lot of work, and stress. Very well done, Red5, and thanks.
Thank you! :)

Thank you, Red5. It must be difficult working in the weeds to solve an issue! I appreciate your extra efforts on our behalf! (y)

Huge thanks indeed to our esteemed Webmaster - so much hard work to migrate the whole thing over, and now having to deal with glitches. Next time you're in Mos Eisley, I'll treat you to a Tattoine Sunset. 🍸

At first, I just thought it looked nice and had transitioned well. However, as I get more accustomed to the new layout and move beyond just figuring out new locations for previous buttons and features, I keep discovering some hidden new features that are pretty darned handy - saving drafts and marking solutions are the two I've discovered so far. Oh, and the new response options beyond just like/thank are nice, as well as the greatly expanded emoticon list.

Even some of the "old" features seem to have a more user-friendly way of implementing them, once I figure out the new location and/or icon.

I continue to become more and more satisfied and impressed with the revamp. I like finding the new hidden Easter eggs. Now I'm already starting to view the old layout as antiquated.

Red definitely deserves some 👏 and 🍻.

(BTW, you can even search the huge emoticon list by typing some keywords - just one example of the increased user-friendliness.)

I need further clarification on how to use the @ symbol, please.
If I am posting in one of the forums that I know another member never visits, but I want that member to see my post, do I just include the @ symbol before the member's name? (As Red5 did with his post to include Skrej.)
How is the other member notified that I want him/her to read the post?
Finally, should we expect to see future postings where the @ symbol appears multiple times in a single post?

Yes, just use the @ symbol before any username to tag them in a post. They will be notified with a message telling them they have been mentioned in a post.

It was a wise decision to migrate from VB to Xenforo (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back