Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It was at an English club and I was supposed to buy some yogurt. However, yogurt need to be put I no the fridge so I decided to buy it after the English club was finished. In order not to forget this, I told a friend of mine to remind me after the English club. I said:

Remind me to get some yogurt when we finish.

Is my italic sentence natural?

It was at an English club and I was supposed to buy some yogurt. However, missing word yogurt need to be put I no the fridge so I decided to buy it after the English club was finished.
That was a careless post, @Silverobama. I've marked the really basic errors in red and bold above. Try again.

That was a really careless post, @Silverobama. I've marked the really basic errors in red and bold above. Try again.
It was at an English club and I was supposed to buy some yogurt. However, the yogurt need to be put into the fridge so I decided to buy it after the English club was finished. In order not to forget this, I told a friend of mine to remind me after the English club. I said:

P.S.: I used it to mean "the things took place was at an English club". I can also say "I was at an English club and was supposed to buy some yogurt".

You can't open with "It was at an English club" because there's no antecedent for "it".

You seem to have missed the fact that I marked "need" in red and bold to indicate there was something wrong.

You can't open with "It was at an English club" because there's no antecedent for "it".

You seem to have missed the fact that I marked "need" in red and bold to indicate there was something wrong.
Is the following version better now?

I was at an English club and supposed to buy some yogurt. However, the yogurt needed to be put into the fridge so I decided to buy it after the English club was finished. In order not to forget this, I told a friend of mine to remind me after the English club. I said:

I was at an English club and supposed to buy some yogurt. However, the yogurt needed to be put into the fridge so I decided to buy it after the English club was finished. In order not to forget this, I told a friend of mine to remind me after the English club. I said:

OK, the post is now grammatically correct.

The opening sentence isn't logical. You've connected the English club and the yoghurt too closely - it looks like you were supposed to buy the yoghurt at the club! For now, just try to rewrite the opening sentence, either as a single (different) sentence or as two sentences.

The opening sentence isn't logical. You've connected the English club and the yoghurt too closely - it looks like you were supposed to buy the yoghurt at the club! For now, just try to rewrite the opening sentence, either as a single (different) sentence or as two sentences.
I was at an English club last night. I planned to buy some yogurt after that because the place where the club meets is close to the supermarket.

Will this be better?

You've totally changed the general information. I was trying to get you to write something like:

Last night, I needed to buy some yoghurt but I had to wait until my English club was over because yoghurt needs to be kept in a fridge.

Last night, I needed to buy some yoghurt but I had to wait until my English club was over because yoghurt needs to be kept in a fridge.
Much appreciated. I'll write this down.

I thought you were trying to ask me to provide better and complete ideas of what was happening. My bad.

Is the italic sentence in the OP natural?

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back